5.0.0.230 is beautiful
    09-24-09 12:56 AM
    One of the best things too is with the threaded SMS on OS 5, when I get a text from someone that is over 160 characters it shows up as a continuous message and not several chopped up ones.
    09-24-09 12:56 AM
    Threaded SMS keeps your complete convo organized and the regular SMS with Blackberry does not. It will keep it organized if you reply from a received text but if you compose one to a contact it will not. Threaded SMS is really a great feature all phones should have.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-24-09 04:33 AM
    I like that you can clear a chat and keep the convo open. That makes it easier to start the next convo.

09-24-09 04:47 AM
    Soon as VZW gets me a good Tour, I will be looking into the leaked OS. Threaded SMS is really nice. The LG EnV Touch has it and liked it there.

Here is hoping for threaded SMS in an official update!
    09-24-09 08:57 AM
    I feel like I'm going crazy... my Tour w/ standard OS already does this! When I open a text message that was in response to something I wrote, the message lists all the SMS exchanges between me and the other person in a chonological order...
    No it doesn't, not like a "conversation". And in your inbox you have 8000 messages listed in a row from "Joe Smith" instead of ONE "Joe Smith" entry with ALL conversation in one place. You can't delete any of those previous messages if you want them to show up in the "conversation" (up to 5 back I believe) - and the SMS inbox is a clusterf*** - what a mess.

Threaded SMS is a no brainer and should have been on BlackBerrys from wayyyy back - it's just how text messaging should be.
    09-24-09 09:52 AM
    ps, forgot to mention, it also ensures that you don't accidentally text message the wrong person which can be a HUGE avoidance of embarrassment at times.
    09-24-09 09:54 AM
    One of my favorite features is that when you open the conversation and want to reply.. all yo have to do is type your message at the bottom of the window and hit enter! Very similar to the typical IM clients. It's nice!
    09-24-09 10:08 AM
    I like threaded sms - but my only dislike is how hard it now is to find messages from days, or weeks ago. For example-i have approx 1000 txts between my gf (I choose not to delete anything) and while its great that they now show up in a "conversational" style - finding a specific txt from her from last month requires scrolling for 15minutes. Ugh. I know you can still search-but still. Before, I could tap the spacebar 15 times and find the message I needed. As you tap the spacebar, the date stamps go by, and you can easilly pinpoint what you're looking for. With rims implementation of threaded sms, all you can do is scroll up. I noticed that the history didn't go back very far...it stopped scrolling like 50 messages in...BUT they are still there, just can't see them in the threaded sms view. I do like it, but rim needs to make some big tweaks...one huge tweak I'd like to see is to make the entire option for threaded view OPTIONAL. Not everyone wants this, especially given the example I just cited. If they could add in a seperator for each day that goes by, thatd be great...as you scroll up, you can atleast pinpoint the date easier. And yes, I do realize that the time and date received is displayed as you scroll...its just not polished enough yet IMHO...

09-24-09 03:27 PM
    I like threaded sms - but my only dislike is how hard it now is to find messages from days, or weeks ago. For example-i have approx 1000 txts between my gf (I choose not to delete anything) and while its great that they now show up in a "conversational" style - finding a specific txt from her from last month requires scrolling for 15minutes. Ugh. I know you can still search-but still. Before, I could tap the spacebar 15 times and find the message I needed. As you tap the spacebar, the date stamps go by, and you can easilly pinpoint what you're looking for. With rims implementation of threaded sms, all you can do is scroll up. I noticed that the history didn't go back very far...it stopped scrolling like 50 messages in...BUT they are still there, just can't see them in the threaded sms view. I do like it, but rim needs to make some big tweaks...one huge tweak I'd like to see is to make the entire option for threaded view OPTIONAL. Not everyone wants this, especially given the example I just cited. If they could add in a seperator for each day that goes by, thatd be great...as you scroll up, you can atleast pinpoint the date easier. And yes, I do realize that the time and date received is displayed as you scroll...its just not polished enough yet IMHO...

First, you I believe are the rare case. B, the seach option will find it in two seconds. C. Use view folder to view just the inbox, and then you can spacebar to handle your need.

09-24-09 03:37 PM
    The people who havent come from a palm device don't know what they are missing, threaded SMS was awesome...i am on the tour from a 700p, i loved the threaded SMS capability...and only didnt like one thing, the palm lagged when i had a conversation of like 100 messages
    Exactly. I came to BB after having a Treo and the first thing I noticed was it not having Threaded SMS. Has drove me crazy in the two years i've had my BB. I've sent SMS messages to the wrong people with my BB. I never had that problem with my Treo. So i'm glad to see this.
    09-24-09 03:54 PM
    Maybe I used a bad example...say you're trying to find a specific message, but don't know what search terms would find it...you only knew it was from a few weeks ago...tabbing space is just so much easier than scrolling up for 15minutes...I literally have thousands of messages to a few different people. So in my case, after scrolling for X amount of time the history eventually cuts off. I know you can search for a date range...its just an extra step that's completely not necessary. I hope rim implements the T, B, and space key in threaded sms...hitting T to go to the very first message, and B to go back to the bottom...space bar to jump pages...anyone else see my point? Threaded sms should be an option to turn on or off. While it is more convenient in the sense that things are organized, which I like, its harder to go back and reference specific messages now...ughh. I guess search is gonna be my new best friend.

EDIT: just used search to pull up a message from august 10th...found it quickly, but after clicking into the message, the phone hung for 3min...literally...ughhhhh!!! I could tab the spacebar to august 10th in 30seconds...I'm gonna stick it out and see if it grows on me though...we'll see...
    First, you I believe are the rare case. B, the seach option will find it in two seconds. C. Use view folder to view just the inbox, and then you can spacebar to handle your need.

Last edited by mconk; 09-24-09 at 04:17 PM.
    09-24-09 04:13 PM
    is there a 3rd party application for a threaded sms in a BB? what is "Empower SMS"?
    11-01-09 08:54 AM
    w/o threaded sms/mms...

my inbox looks like trash right now...

every single sms/mms is sitting right there(even the ones from the same person)what..!!

i want to open a contact name inside sms/mms folder and read our conversation...

not just just laying right there...

thread sms/mms yes its not even a question for me...my personal opinion...!
    11-01-09 09:31 AM
    i need unlimited text sms
    11-01-09 11:30 PM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD