i've never used a blackberry before.. i got the tour as a replacement for my very defective touch pro. i was going to sell the tour and get the android based hero, but figured eh, i'll try blackberry out, see what all its all about. so right now, my main problem is the way it handles sms. its not true threaded, because you go to your inbox, and you have every text you've ever sent/received. i just want to have like one thread for "katie", and one for "sam", and when i click it, it shows the messages as a thread. is this possible, am i just missing some setting somewhere?
    10-20-09 06:25 AM
    Very possible. You just have to install the 5.0 (leaked) OS.
    10-20-09 06:29 AM
    ..& use the search function from time to time
    10-20-09 07:07 AM
    look for os 5.0.0.230. there is a newer one but stay away from it. 5.0.0.230 is the best os out there.
    10-20-09 07:33 AM
    I agree with mrbrianwc...get .230 It runs very smooth and works with 95% of the apps out there. Only a few don't work and there's others out there to replace those anyways.

Look in the beta/hybrid OS subforum
    10-20-09 07:50 AM
    Actually, I did ya a favor lol

Here's the thread for ya. http://forums.crackberry.com/f95/lea...-230-a-319863/
    Look on the last page for a working download or just go to Megaload and search "tour 5.0.0.230" and you'll find a working link.

Here's a copy of my post in the .230 thread that will give you everything you need to help you out.

Thanks to DonNguyen and his "how to", I upgraded to .230 this afternoon 100% flawlessly.

I used his install instructions here and followed them to a "T".
    How To: Update to a Leaked/Beta OS

I've been running .230 for about 10 hours and haven't had a SINGLE problem yet. I love the threaded SMS and everything is snappier and feels 100x better than .57.

To anyone thinking about doing the upgrade....DO EEEET! haha

Side note: I couldn't for the life of my phone to connect to BBSAK so I ended up doing the entire install using Desktop Manager and the App loader in DM.

I'm still upset my phone won't connect to BBSAK.
    I tried EVERYTHING I could think of. I'm running Vista (which I think has something to do with it) and I made sure I was all updated with windows updater. and I have .net framework 2.0 and everything else I read could be the problem. Never located my device and pissed me off lol.

So I didn't wipe my tour before installing .230, but I have heard you don't necessarily have to wipe it, so I didn't. Worked just fine!

Thanks to DonNguyen for his kick a$$ how to!
    10-20-09 07:54 AM
    hey, thanks for the advice. i'm going to put 5 on now. i searched, but a lot of people say the blackberry has threaded sms, and a lot of people say it doesn't, so i wasn't sure if i was missing a setting, or if its just that people are confused lol
    10-20-09 01:08 PM
    hey, thanks for the advice. i'm going to put 5 on now. i searched, but a lot of people say the blackberry has threaded sms, and a lot of people say it doesn't, so i wasn't sure if i was missing a setting, or if its just that people are confused lol
    lots of people ARE confused
    10-20-09 01:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD