BUT...just received a call, and rather than answer it (am updating my new phone) I pressed the standby button, which mutes the call...but after doing that I noticed this weird noise...almost like a hissing noise, coming from the SPEAKER!!! ARRGGHHHHHH!!!!! Even after muting the vibration/ringtone when a call comes in, the speaker is still ON, and its just hissing....like a dead air noise...or "white" noise...this may be the "high pitched" screen sound people have bee complaining about. I don't know. What I do know, is that the speaker is still activating, and staying ON until the incoming call ends, then shutting off. Its pretty loud...loud enough for me to clearly hear it with my TV on in the background. I'm not going to return it over this, as I would assume a s/w update would address the issue.

For those of you with the "screen hiss" noise I've been reading about -next time you get an incoming call, press the standby button once, then put your ear to the speaker. Is this the noise you were hearing. Anytime you place a call and put the speakerphone on, there's a second or two of blank noise before the phone rings...this is the same blank noise that the speaker is emitting when the phone rings, and you mute the call...ugh. Oh well.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-24-09 11:13 PM
    That sucks bro.
    08-24-09 11:15 PM
    I have the "hiss" and it clearly is a noise that comes from the screen being on and it stops when the screen is off. The mute button seems to have no effect. I can't hear it unless my ear is up to the phone.... like when talking on it.
    09-01-09 05:21 PM
    Here's to hoping that doesn't happen with my #2. I think I'd just go back to my Curve!
    09-01-09 05:27 PM
    Weird just tried it and nothing..... could very well be OS issue.....not confirming though....
    09-01-09 05:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD