Until I went to Options- Screen/Keyboard- Trackball and put my sensitivity settings to 80...my trackball works darn near perfect now...hope this helps if you already haven't done so :-)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-25-09 09:31 AM
    man you have no idea how much time you just saved me! i'm a relatively experienced bb user and never thought to check that! man i work to hard! again thanks
    08-25-09 09:37 AM
    Same thing happened to me. there is much debate whether its hardware or software related. hard to tell.

but changing the sensativity does work for sure.
    08-25-09 09:39 AM
    my first tour was like this, i returned it after two days for the headphone jack. my second tour worked on 80 for about a week then required 90. when set to 70 it didnt move at all once 90 was required. this is not sounding like software to me since it got worse. i went in on sat and they gave me a brand new one out of my 30 days. it works perfect on 70/70. take it back.
    08-25-09 09:39 AM
    Be warned. Mine was great at 70/70 then started hanging like the video on here shows. Went to 80/70 it was great again, but then it started doing the same thing. At 90/70 and it is better but will hang on occasion and to touchy for some apps. Vertical has always been perfect. If you have to keep raising your sensitivity you have an issue. I was a believer that it is software related, but the fact that no new software has been introduced and some are not having the issue makes me now believe it is hardware.
    08-25-09 09:42 AM
    my first tour was like this, i returned it after two days for the headphone jack. my second tour worked on 80 for about a week then required 90. when set to 70 it didnt move at all once 90 was required. this is not sounding like software to me since it got worse. i went in on sat and they gave me a brand new one out of my 30 days. it works perfect on 70/70. take it back.
    +1 on this. I am going to call CS now and see about returning. I agree...it starts off great but something is wrong. It even feels more like sand paper now rather than a smooth feel.
    08-25-09 09:43 AM
    Glad I could help! Follow me on twitter!

08-25-09 09:44 AM
    But honestly though knowing Verizon...if u have a issue after 30 days...there still going to take it back if you play your cards right...so this is worth a try even if you keep boosting your sensitivity...

08-25-09 09:47 AM
    But honestly though knowing Verizon...if u have a issue after 30 days...there still going to take it back if you play your cards right...so this is worth a try even if you keep boosting your sensitivity...

I hope it works out for you. I just did what you did until I couldn't anymore. 70 was flying at first. Then not. 80 was much better, then not. 90 ok, but now hanging and way to touchy at times. I just sent back to 70 and it was horrible. Either way...tech support said it should feel like ball is rolling on glass, not sand paper. Should not have to use a light touch to make sure it moves ok.

You are probably correct about the 30 day thing up to a point. I just now called and I bought mine on day 1.
    08-25-09 10:23 AM
    Mine worked fine for a bit on 70/70, then moved up 80/70 and it only lagged on the home page with the 6 icons, but not will all icons showing. So then just for that i moved it up to 90/70....now im going back down gradually and it works just fine....love my tour!
    08-25-09 12:39 PM
    I have also noticed on 2 that we have in the office, the trackball requires a very light touch to move, if you press it as hard as a curve or pearl's trackball it doesn't respond well. Strange design but as long as I don't press too hard it works great.
    08-25-09 01:28 PM
    I've also slowly had to increase my sensitivity to make my tb work right. Eventually you won't be able to increase it anymore. I put it back down and it doesn't move and moves in the opposite direction scrolled sometimes. New one is on the way.

08-25-09 01:29 PM
    Works for me, thanks. So far.... Now you guys have me worried...
    08-25-09 01:46 PM
    80-90 is flawless for me. 80-80 sticks a little.
    08-25-09 01:50 PM
    Until I went to Options- Screen/Keyboard- Trackball and put my sensitivity settings to 80...my trackball works darn near perfect now...hope this helps if you already haven't done so :-)

You shouldn't have to change your trackball sensitivity to have it work properly though. I messed around with the trackball sensitivity options on my original Tour. I just gave up and got one of the "green dot" Tours. My sensitivity is on 70/70 and it works flawlessly. I really recommend if you are having any trackball problems, you get a replacement instead of messing with the settings to try and get it to work properly.
    08-25-09 02:05 PM
    I have also noticed on 2 that we have in the office, the trackball requires a very light touch to move, if you press it as hard as a curve or pearl's trackball it doesn't respond well. Strange design but as long as I don't press too hard it works great.
    i can push as hard as i want on my new one and it responds just fine.
    08-25-09 02:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD