I am having issues with the GPS on my Tour and the guy at the Verizon store put a note on my account saying that I can receive a replacement. My concern is that I may get a refurbished phone rather than a new one. What has your experience been? Are people getting refurbs or new phones lately? And is there a way to increase my chances of getting a new phone?
    09-21-09 03:57 PM
    they're getting refurbs.
    09-21-09 03:58 PM
    outside of 30 days of purchasing=refurb...inside of 30 days=bran new
    09-21-09 03:58 PM
    Well are they telling you to send the phone in or will they replace it at any Verizon retail store? I don't think they have any refurbs in-store.
    09-21-09 04:50 PM
    Well are they telling you to send the phone in or will they replace it at any Verizon retail store? I don't think they have any refurbs in-store.
    They dont..had to wait two days for the first refurb last week and then Friday they shipped me out another one and I just got it today...no stock in stores for some reason..
    09-21-09 05:33 PM
    Well, I've had my phone for almost 7weeks, my phone kept restarting with a error message, repeatedly.

So I went into a verizon store + they gave me a brand new Tour out the box! Yup so they can give u a new tour outside of ur 30days but the question is will u find someone that will do it*

G/L-

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-21-09 05:50 PM
    well all the refurbs at this point are actually new phones still. It usually take 2 months to refurb a phone once it has been returned so seeing how the tour is just about this old, all the refurbs at this point were new phones just packaged without all the extra crap. and trust me the refurbs are generally of better build and quality as the QA is much higher for some reason
    09-21-09 05:54 PM
    well all the refurbs at this point are actually new phones still. It usually take 2 months to refurb a phone once it has been returned so seeing how the tour is just about this old, all the refurbs at this point were new phones just packaged without all the extra crap. and trust me the refurbs are generally of better build and quality as the QA is much higher for some reason
    I'm hoping this is the case for my Tour that is shipping tomorrow. I was having trackball issues and Global Support offered to send me a phone overnight, so hopefully it will have the awesome trackball rather than the really crappy one.
    09-21-09 06:47 PM
    I am going to my local independent seller tomorrow to swap. Had horizontal scroll issues and now somw vertical.....actually seems like the TB is getting a little stuck.....physically.

Headphone jack seems a little mucked too.....jiggle slightly and it engages the voice dialing etc.........

Will try replacements locally.....and heaven forbid it contionues through multiples....maybe then vzw will swap with a trackpad wifi tour.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-21-09 06:56 PM
    I just got my replacement via fed ex from vzw and the area where the bottom of the screen meets the phone is filled with dirt.... gross. I am sending it back.
    What nerve!
    10-20-09 09:44 PM
    Goodonya VZW!! A sympathetic and absolutely lovely vzw agent overnighted me a brand new one - and it's a green dot!!
    10-22-09 07:33 PM
    The first time they replaced mine, it was new, it was witihin the 30 days though. I went last night, issues with the trackball and calendar and since visiting the store the keyboard, and they are mailing me one to get here on Saturday. Not sure if it will be a refurb or a new one or maybe a green dot Tour. I don't really care which one it is as long as it works correctly. I am hoping its a new green dot Tour!!
    10-23-09 10:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD