The Tour will support 32 GB SD cards when available. None are available now though.
    07-14-09 07:26 AM
    I just returned an iPhone 3G after giving it a month on ATT (can return w/in 30 days). I liked some things, hated alot of things. I wrote (rather crudely) my thoughts down.. you can see the lacking of the iPhone over at duckfatfries.com .

Am currently planning to get a Tour - its nice to even have my 8100 back after the iPhone.
    07-14-09 07:48 AM
    Any blackberry world phone has the gps unlocked to use with google maps.
    07-14-09 08:47 AM
    If you are using iTunes on Windows it is not a great piece of software. using it on a Mac is a different story.

Sorry Guys. The iPod Touch/iPhone is and will always be a media God.... if you can bypass iTunes. BB will always do everything else better. Just my opinion. I have both... and carry both for good reason.

I can't speak for the Tour yet... but the Curve vs the iPod Touch. iPod Touch has better sound quality coming from the headphone jack. From the internal speaker... the BB wins hands down.
    07-14-09 10:12 PM
    Believe me it is not even close to the iPhone browser.

The tours browser does pretty decent. When loading websites it was quite a bit faster than the storms. It shouldnt be to far off from the iphones browser.
    07-14-09 10:14 PM
    Thanks for the input. That covers a lot of what I wanted to know. I've used BB at work for many years including back when they weren't phones and had monochrome screens but for work I only used them for e-mail and nothing else. it does look like an awful lot of finagling and fine tuning to get everything the way i want it. But AT&T is driving me in this direction not anything about the iPhone itself.

On another note our local Best Buy has plenty of Tours still and they charge $99 for a new Verizon account. However their SDHC 16 Gb cards are $99 so i will be buying the card online. I need to decide what I'm going to do by tomorrow because we are going to yellowstone on Thursday for a week or so. I already found that there is no AT&T service to speak of inYellowstone but good Verizon coverage and I am expecting some calls that i don't want to miss. If Verizon had only had Wi-Fi on the Tour it would be a much easier decision.

I use tethering with my macbook and 8830. It's unofficially supported, but it works great. There are few posts out there on how to set it up. If I remember you download the VZaccess manager with the USB novatel driver.

The price is up to $30/month for tethering, but like any verizon service you can add it for a few days or weeks at a time and then remove it, if you don't want to pay monthly.

The built in browser is fine IMO, you will be disappointed coming from the iphone, but it's totally functional for basic stuff. I've tried opera and bolt, and they are better for some pages, but not good enough that I use them very much. I am a heavy user of the google mobile app.

What you loose from the iphone you gain having a keyboard and the verizon network. For heavy texting and email, business tasks, etc. BB is still superior in this departement, although iphone is getting better and better each rev. The key with BB is to learn all the shortcuts for navigating and tasks which are really good and make it a fast device.
    Last edited by snookiesnoo; 07-14-09 at 10:24 PM.
    07-14-09 10:18 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD