It is likely that Sprint will have it, sometime in the next 6 months. No one can confirm that it's coming "soon" but we've seen photos of a Verizon-branded one and that usually means it's on the way at some point.

Wait only if you care about Wi-Fi or the trackpad. Those are likely to be the only real changes.

do you know if sprint will carry the tour 2 as well? if so, i will definitely wait then since i have only had my curve for a year, i could easily hold off.
    12-23-09 09:59 PM
    wait for tour 2
    12-23-09 11:12 PM
    If u really need to switch now go for it...if ur not inna hurry wait for the Essex.
    12-23-09 11:44 PM
    Well, I have the Tour. I love it. Have it since it was released by verizon/sprint. it all depends whether you would like the trackball currently on the Tour. The Tour also doesnt have wifi... It you can live without those two many items go for it. If not, wait for the Tour2... I keep hearing between Jan-Mar 2010...
    but why would wifi matter if you have the blackberry internet service? does that mean it isn't wireless??? if that's the case, that doesn't make sense because i thought that's what blackberry was all about??? also, as far as i can tell, my 8330 doesn't have wifi either, so apparently i wouldn't be missing anything.

or am i missing something here?
    Last edited by onegirlcreative; 12-24-09 at 09:58 AM.
    12-24-09 09:52 AM
    Don't think you'll regret a Tour upgrade (I came from an 8330, it's like night and day).

Got mine launch day back in July and now am having trouble with trackball sticking, only I understand that's corrected for the most part in newer released Tour's. (Will probably have to get mine replaced if it keeps worsening.)

I swear I just read a review here of Tour 2 and was going to link to if for you but can't find it now. Meantime here is a youtube video that's been kicking around, side by side of Tour 1 and upcoming 2:
    thanks for the youtube link. i like the new trackpad in lieu of the trackball. and the memory�holy cow, what a difference! i think that alone i will wait until the essex comes out. do you think sprint will get it, as well?
    12-24-09 09:59 AM
    If u really need to switch now go for it...if ur not inna hurry wait for the Essex.
    nope, definitely not in a hurry. i can easily wait for the essex (providing sprint gets it).

i'm very happy with my 8330, but like most of you out there, i love new gadgets!
    12-24-09 10:00 AM
    but why would wifi matter if you have the blackberry internet service? does that mean it isn't wireless??? if that's the case, that doesn't make sense because i thought that's what blackberry was all about??? also, as far as i can tell, my 8330 doesn't have wifi either, so apparently i wouldn't be missing anything.

or am i missing something here?
    no wi-fi just gives you a faster internet at places that offer wifi. Other than that you won't be missing much, I only use WiFi when I'm back at home, Sprint and Verizons evdo is fast enough to handle everything you need. You should go to a Sprint or Verizon store to try the tour out, there's always the 8530 aka curve2 if you want WiFi and a trackball and its already out

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-24-09 03:59 PM
    no wi-fi just gives you a faster internet at places that offer wifi. Other than that you won't be missing much, I only use WiFi when I'm back at home, Sprint and Verizons evdo is fast enough to handle everything you need. You should go to a Sprint or Verizon store to try the tour out, there's always the 8530 aka curve2 if you want WiFi and a trackball and its already out

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    i will most likely do that. i need to hold it and feel it to see if it's something i'll like. you never know. thanks!
    12-24-09 04:18 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD