First, newbie here in Crackberry. I am a long ago Blackberry user (the 7520 and some earlier RIM products), and jumped ship because the Treo had so many more features that I wanted.

Long story short, I have a Treo 755p, and it broke. I was really disgusted with the phone anyway, so maybe it was a blessing. I am going back and forth between a Tour and a Pre... I am heavily leaning toward the Tour.

Anyway, here is what I am curious about...

• Does the Tour support occasional "tethering" (you know what I mean! )
    • Does the Tour support VNC+ (or any other PC remote control application)?

I am concerned that the Tour does not yet support a Slingplayer connected to a Pro-HD Slingbox, but I am relatively confident that they will get that fixed.

Anyway I would love any information that you can provide.

Thanks in advance!
    08-20-09 06:23 PM
    The Tour does support and works well tethering.

I can't comment on the others.
    08-20-09 06:31 PM
    Tetherberrry has been working for some folks with a tour that want to tether.

As there isn't and official slingplayer for the Tour, some folks have had luck with the Bold version running on the tour.

(Notice a pattern?)

Also VNC+ worked fine on my tour.
    08-20-09 06:31 PM
    The Tour does support and works well tethering.

I can't comment on the others.
    Do you do the #777 thing with modem drivers CGI??

As there isn't and official slingplayer for the Tour, some folks have had luck with the Bold version running on the tour.

(Notice a pattern?)

Also VNC+ worked fine on my tour.
    Great to hear about VNC+... That alleviates some of my concern.

Yeah, the Bold version seems to interface with the Slingbox Solo ok, but doesn't play well with the PRO-HD which is what I have.

This is all great information guys.... Thanks a bunch...

Lastly, is there a free VNC solution out there for Blackberries????
    08-20-09 06:39 PM
    As per my previous post I was wondering if there was a free VNC solution out there.

Also, do you guys find that the VNC client on the BB works at a decent speed (3G on Sprint)??? It is good, fast, slow, etc.???
    08-20-09 07:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD