I don't think this was the case before, but now when I go to the main page and select Blackberry devices, all blackberry devices, I can see pre-order options for both Tours. And that was while I was logged in under my account.
    06-30-09 11:08 PM
    When you go the page for the phone, though, it says pre-orders are not available for upgrades at this time.
    06-30-09 11:09 PM
    this has been up since at least 10 yesterday
    06-30-09 11:09 PM
    Been that way for about a day or so... started taking pre-orders for both versions of the device..
    06-30-09 11:10 PM
    Still not available for existing customers...
    06-30-09 11:11 PM
    It says right on the page "Pre–orders not available for upgrade orders at this time."
    06-30-09 11:15 PM
    Oops. I thought I had seen everything on verizon, but this looked new to me. And I hadn't seen the text that said not available for upgrades until just now.
    06-30-09 11:16 PM
    why not existing customers? thats frustrating. the math is the same. I pay 199, and extend my contract on my FIVE LINES or new guy signs up and signs up for 2 years and pays the same for the phone? doesnt make sense.
    06-30-09 11:23 PM
    not a huge deal, but why do new customers get to pre-order first before vz's loyal customers? are they optimistic that they will have enough? just a nervous (soon to be) BB owner!
    06-30-09 11:27 PM
    doubt they'll run out, sure there are a lot of people here that know about it, but we should be good. this is no storm we're talking about. and i'm sure they'll sell a lot of these, but not sold out for months, gotta get on a list to get it kind of way.
    at least that's what i'm hoping, lol.
    06-30-09 11:46 PM
    Yeah don't think they will be sold out but hopefully they will have it available for upgrades soon
    06-30-09 11:53 PM
    We are all already paying customers, many still locked in a contract. They don't benefit themselves by giving us a price cut on the phone. They benefit by attracting new customers who have the option of getting the phone here, or on sprint, or other phones on other carriers.
    06-30-09 11:56 PM
    We are all already paying customers, many still locked in a contract. They don't benefit themselves by giving us a price cut on the phone. They benefit by attracting new customers who have the option of getting the phone here, or on sprint, or other phones on other carriers.
    Not true. I'm an existing customer who's contract expired in April 2009. VZW called me to renew and I told them I would not resign until I saw the new BB was available. I've been basically paying month to month since then and I have the option of going to someone else because I never signed the new contract, but they are still not letting me re-sign if I want to upgrade to the Tour.
    07-01-09 07:05 AM
    They will if you actually call in. I dont know when the site is going to work properly again. But I would just speak with a CS, to get that situation resolved. I spoke to a guy there, and he told me if I wated untill July 24, I can upgrade my phone for the $199 price to get the Tour. I couldnt belive that because I wasnt really ready for an upgrade untill 2010 I didnt believe. Hmm........
    Last edited by Terrigno; 07-01-09 at 07:31 AM.
    07-01-09 07:11 AM
    Called Verizon yesterday about this.

They said they were aware of the error and check last night or today.

I just checked myself and it still has not been fixed

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-01-09 07:12 AM
    Not true. I'm an existing customer who's contract expired in April 2009. VZW called me to renew and I told them I would not resign until I saw the new BB was available. I've been basically paying month to month since then and I have the option of going to someone else because I never signed the new contract, but they are still not letting me re-sign if I want to upgrade to the Tour.
    You've been out of contract since April...its only July and are you really going anywhere? If people currently on Verizon really want the Tour that badly then they're going to wait an extra week or so and stay on Verizon lol. Unless you were that unhappy with the service for other reasons, not being able to pre-order the Tour on day one is not going to cause you to jump ship.

It's all about capturing the new subscriber--they need to make sure they have the phone available for them so they don't lose that potential subscriber. They know that you're a current subscriber who will be renewing...or that's what they're betting on, anyway. There's a pecking order...kind of like how VZW employees are the last to be allowed to purchase new phones that have this kind of anticipation behind them. My friend had to wait until after Christmas to buy his Storm even though it came out on Black Friday :P

So, it could be worse.
    Last edited by mike42; 07-01-09 at 07:31 AM.
    07-01-09 07:28 AM
    this is an easy fix on verizon's side.

either somebody is going fired or their giving new customers an advantage with an excuse.

I design websites and its a basic trial and error. If this does happen a team would fix this issue within the hour.

We're talking global corporate so someone up there is trying a new marketing technique.
    07-01-09 07:31 AM
    this is an easy fix on verizon's side.

either somebody is going fired or their giving new customers an advantage with an excuse.

I design websites and its a basic trial and error. If this does happen a team would fix this issue within the hour.

We're talking global corporate so someone up there is trying a new marketing technique.
    Thats what I was thinking too. Even if it was a mistake it couldn't be hard to fix. It seems like it would be something simple for any advanced web designer, but for a corporation like Verizon to take this long seemed a little fishy. Who knows though, I guess I'll give them the benefit of the doubt for now.
    07-01-09 07:51 AM
    I am getting the Tour (getting rid of the Storm) will I be able to restore data (not apps), such as calendar, memos, e-mails...etc that was backed up from my storm?
    07-01-09 07:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD