So I was watching Sprint TV (which they've greatly improved the video quality of for the Tour BTW) and an email comes in 20 minutes into my show... what happens, it starts the whole show over!

This has been a problem since I had my Curve. I'll be listening to music - it cuts out because of an alert.

Its ridiculous. No other phone does this. Why doesn't RIM just fix it already?
    07-24-09 11:53 PM
    Did you try changing the settings on your phone? I know you can set it where it doesn't alert you while you're on a call but I haven't tried it while watching Sprint TV. I'll test it now to see if it will work.
    07-24-09 11:57 PM
    I guess if I put it on silent... But I think the light still interrupts it.
    07-24-09 11:58 PM
    I guess if I put it on silent... But I think the light still interrupts it.
    turn the LED off...
    07-25-09 12:02 AM
    That's not my point. I shouldn't have to disable features of the phone in order to use other features! I like being notified when I have messages and such but I don't like having my music or video interrupted to be notified... especially when you have to restart your video on Sprint TV...
    07-25-09 12:04 AM
    I started the program over for me too and all of my alerts are set to off while I'm on the phone. I'll call Sprint in the morning to see if there's something they can do because you're right I do see how that can be annoying if you want to view a program. You shouldn't have to disable the features nor should you have to be interrupted while doing so.
    07-25-09 12:32 AM
    Okay...update...

Got to your phone profile icon (top left hand corner), click on it and set the profile to all alerts off. That's the only way (according to Sprint) that you will not be interrupted while watching Sprint TV.
    07-25-09 08:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD