Hi, Looking on ebay just now & was going to get my kid a Blackberry for Xmas.Seen that a seller is selling these Blackberry phones for 170 Brand New, But he states these are

Note:
    All Blackberry Software Applications May Not Work with the China Version.
    This phone does support - Internet, Picture Messaging, Wi-Fi, and everything listed above.

What does that mean ? Are they still worth the Money & are they real or Fake ?
    I also noticed that he has a Make me a offer Tab & Know that he has been accepting just under 120 for these phones on more than 1 occasion.

So should I buy 1 ?

Here is the Link & hope you like me think it's a good buy.

New Blackberry 9630 - Silver Edition * AT&T * Tmobile on eBay (end time 25-Nov-09 07:00:28 GMT)
    11-20-09 03:54 AM
    I doubt it's real, or maybe real, but a real fake.

First, it says "9630 - China Version." Then of course the note in red at the bottom says it does not support Blackberry Apps and " Internet, Picture Messaging, Wi-Fi, and everything listed above." So what can you do with it? Just call me and regular SMS?

Sounds like a good fake to me.

I've seen some really good iphone clones as well for $50 USD. Looks exactly the same as a regular iphone, the UI is extremely similar, but you can tell that it's a fake Chinese clone.
    11-20-09 04:11 AM
    I would just send him/her an email, and see what they say. Sounds kinda iffy to me but I'm not big on ebay anyway. Good luck!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-20-09 04:19 AM
    I doubt it's real, or maybe real, but a real fake.

First, it says "9630 - China Version." Then of course the note in red at the bottom says it does not support Blackberry Apps and " Internet, Picture Messaging, Wi-Fi, and everything listed above." So what can you do with it? Just call me and regular SMS?

Sounds like a good fake to me.

I've seen some really good iphone clones as well for $50 USD. Looks exactly the same as a regular iphone, the UI is extremely similar, but you can tell that it's a fake Chinese clone.
    It says it Can be used for Internet, Picture,Messaging & Wi-Fi.

I would just send him/her an email, and see what they say. Sounds kinda iffy to me but I'm not big on ebay anyway. Good luck!
    I think I will ask them Now.I'll post back later Tonight with Reply ( If any ).....Thx guys.
    11-20-09 04:43 AM
    Someone on the forums posted they were in China and actually bought one. Don't know if he had any success using it in the US. Try searching the forums and see if you can find the post, he may have posted his findings after getting back to the US.
    11-20-09 05:29 AM
    I think you have to compare the price of the one off ebay which might turn out to be a fake and not work, with the price of a real one from your carrier. Is it worth the risk? What about if you have issues with the ebay phone, warranty etc...
    Eh..Im just saying this cause im not a huge ebay fan. Never know who you are dealing with.

11-20-09 05:54 AM
    Read the negative feedback - one says " the phone is not an original blackberry !"

Buyer: irod9457 ( 4 ) 16-Nov-09 22:49
    New Blackberry 9630 - Silver Edition * AT&T * Tmobile (#140355229888) US $285.00 View Item
    11-20-09 07:39 AM
    This is a chinese knockoff. Looks only. RIM doesn't produce out of China.
    11-20-09 07:46 AM
    I did the matH for you. After you convert the to $ it. Would be $290. ANd then yOu through in the $30 activation fee and then it MIGHT not work. OR you could goto vzw or whoever and get a unit that will work. Cheaper to just go down to your local wireless store. $250 will get you a bb that WILL work

11-20-09 08:21 AM
    thats China for u, always making something cheap thats not real
    11-20-09 08:58 AM
    ha.. thats just a basic photo off the internet.. probably a scam... or hoax.. I wouldn't buy.. probably just go off of craigslist...
    11-20-09 09:03 AM
    Don't buy this. definitly a clone. Check the marketplace here for a seller or buy from a US ebay seller with great feedback. Not worth paying $285 for a maybe and all the hassle.
    11-20-09 09:17 AM
    Even if it was a real blackberry, it would be "chinese version" i would think it would be alot different then an english blackberry
    11-20-09 12:00 PM
    Why on earth (<<not a China pun, haha) would you pay $285 for a clearly fake berry? When you could buy a real one for less? I'm hoping you didn't know the monetary conversion.
    11-20-09 12:49 PM
    HAHAH
    this is so funny
    eBay should take this down!
    look at the feedbacks.. he def sells a fake blackberry..
    11-20-09 03:23 PM
    It says it Can be used for Internet, Picture,Messaging & Wi-Fi.
    My mistake. For some reason I thought it said "does not." Still I wouldn't trust it as it's probably a clone. Save yourself the trouble and go for the real deal.
    11-20-09 03:23 PM
    Well messaged the seller over 12 hours ago asking is it real or fake & still No reply, So I guess it's a FAKE.
    In truth buying on ebay is not a Risk as when you pay with paypal your protected for 45 days & in my case I've had a refund from paypal every-time.
    11-20-09 04:16 PM
    Not to mention he says it supports wifi, the tour does not support wifi

11-20-09 09:11 PM
    Not to mention he says it supports wifi, the tour does not support wifi

Yup, I think this would be another big clue.
    11-20-09 11:03 PM
    I'm sorry, I don't mean to be rude to anyone, but why would one even consider this. Even the minimum bit of research should throw up red flags to stay away.
    11-20-09 11:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD