First Off, I Have The Blackberry Storm. I've Had It Since December And The Storm I Have Now Is My 2nd Replacement. I Paid The FULL RETAIL PRICE For The Storm Which Was $600. So I Have NO 1 Or 2 Year Contract.

My Question Is, Is There Any Way I Would Be Able To Get Ahold Of The Tour Without Paying $600 FULL RETAIL PRICE? Is There Any Way I Could Get It Through Verizon? Would I Have To Get It Online?

Any Ideas? Is It Even Possable? Would I Still Have To Pay $600 If I Want To Get It Without A 2 Or 1 Year Contract?

Thank You.
    07-07-09 02:23 AM
    First Off, I Have The Blackberry Storm. I've Had It Since December And The Storm I Have Now Is My 2nd Replacement. I Paid The FULL RETAIL PRICE For The Storm Which Was $600. So I Have NO 1 Or 2 Year Contract.

My Question Is, Is There Any Way I Would Be Able To Get Ahold Of The Tour Without Paying $600 FULL RETAIL PRICE? Is There Any Way I Could Get It Through Verizon? Would I Have To Get It Online?

Any Ideas? Is It Even Possable? Would I Still Have To Pay $600 If I Want To Get It Without A 2 Or 1 Year Contract?

Thank You.

the rules apply the same to you as anyone else...

if you sing a contract you get the subsidized price if you don't want to sign a contract your paying full retail...
    07-07-09 03:07 AM

Thank You.
    You paid full retail for the Storm and you say you're currently not on contract, so the easiest way to get the Tour at 2-year pricing would be to, well, sign a 2-year contract. If you don't want to sign a contract, you could always see if you can find a friend on Verizon whose contract is expiring but who doesn't want/need a new phone - have them renew their contract and buy the phone at reduced price, then buy the phone off them for what they paid for it and have Verizon assign the phone numbers to the appropriate devices.
    07-07-09 03:27 AM
    tour retail is $480
    07-07-09 04:25 AM
    So, its been 6 months so you have been paying $100/mo just for the phone????...

Keep your storm and get your money's worth, or a better idea is to sign a 2yr with sprint or vz for the tour and sell the storm..

Thank You.
    07-07-09 06:36 AM
    Question - why did you capitalize the first letter in each word?

To answer your question - have someone else who is eligible for an upgrade get the phone and sell it to you (or trade for your Storm). VZW doesn't care which line/account a device is attached to - they just want to extend contracts all day long.
    07-07-09 08:00 AM
    Well th Storm was $500 retail, and the Tour is $489. If your not currently in a contract couldn't you just sign one for a subsidized phone?

Also, Why Do You Type Like This?
    07-07-09 08:01 AM
    i uSeD tO tYpe liKe thiS. LoL
    07-07-09 08:16 AM
    If you want a phone without a contract, then you pay full retail whatever it may be, just like with the Storm. Why would this be any different than when you purchased the Storm?
    07-07-09 10:12 AM
    Do you know how to use the search function for cb? There are a lot of threads asking basically the same thing. Check them out. Then either sign a contract and get it for $199 or don't and pay the $4xx for it. Then put some $ into a typing class.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-07-09 11:25 AM
    You paid full retail.. wow I'm sorry for you I paid upgrade price for this POS and consider that my worst tech purchase ever. I am truly sympathethic you had to pay that
    07-07-09 12:10 PM
    Why do people seem to think that the way he types is relevant? My mom types all of her e-mail in all caps because it's easier for her.

As for the question at hand, without signing a contract, there really isn't any way to avoid paying full retail. VZW has no reason to cut you a break on the price if you're not locked into a contract. You could always sell the Storm and use the proceeds to lessen the financial hit when you pay full price for the Tour.
    07-07-09 12:41 PM
    Why do people seem to think that the way he types is relevant? My mom types all of her e-mail in all caps because it's easier for her.

As for the question at hand, without signing a contract, there really isn't any way to avoid paying full retail. VZW has no reason to cut you a break on the price if you're not locked into a contract. You could always sell the Storm and use the proceeds to lessen the financial hit when you pay full price for the Tour.
    THANK YOU! As For Asking People Why My Typing Is Such A Question.

Anyways, I Might Just Sell My Storm. It's In PERFECT Condition, I Took Care Of This Thing WAY To Much. So I'll Just Sell My Storm And Use Those Profits.
    07-08-09 04:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD