I upgraded to Tour from Curve, love the Tour. Is there a way to 1 button press into speaker phone. The curve had it. It seems w/tour-press Alt key then speaker, a little more with one handed operation.

Thanks in advance.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-07-10 03:13 PM
    If you are in the phone app, you don't need to press the Alt key. The speaker function is primary. Just push the speaker button; the $ means nothing in the phone app.
    02-07-10 03:25 PM
    If you are in the phone app, you don't need to press the Alt key. The speaker function is primary. Just push the speaker button; the $ means nothing in the phone app.
    I did not know that, thanks. Where do you learn this kind of hints

02-07-10 04:54 PM
    Um, there is a speaker button on that key. Common Sense maybe?
    02-07-10 10:40 PM
    Um, there is a speaker button on that key. Common Sense maybe?
    This.

It's a shame that common sense really isn't that common anymore.
    02-07-10 11:11 PM
    It's common sense that one would have to press the alt button to activate the speaker phone by the keys on the keyboard.

02-08-10 01:03 AM
    Since you press Alt to access the red numerals, you might logically conclude that you needed to press the Alt key to access the red speaker icon. I probably discovered it by trying it. The $ key isn't a phone character, so it's a reasonable place to put the speaker icon and eliminate the need to use an Alt key. The User Guide is a great place to look for operational information, as is the How To and FAQ forum here.

02-08-10 05:46 AM
    The $ key isn't a phone character, so it's a reasonable place to put the speaker icon and eliminate the need to use an Alt key. The User Guide is a great place to look for operational information, as is the How To and FAQ forum here.
    I never got a "Users Guide" from Verizon; they only included a "Tips, Hints, and Shortcuts" booklet...

So...What is the bump on the 5/D key for???

I can understand a PC keyboard (or a typewriter) having tactile aids, but just the one key on the Tour being singled out??? What's up with that???
    02-08-10 06:10 AM
    I never got a "Users Guide" from Verizon; they only included a "Tips, Hints, and Shortcuts" booklet...

So...What is the bump on the 5/D key for???

I can understand a PC keyboard (or a typewriter) having tactile aids, but just the one key on the Tour being singled out??? What's up with that???
    A printed User Guide isn't included with the Tour. You can download it from here: BlackBerry Desktop and Device Software Download Sites or here: Verizon BlackBerry Software Updates

I agree, a tactile bump on the 5 key serves little purpose on a Tour keyboard, but it's conventional and expected.
    02-08-10 06:26 AM
    The bump on the 5 key is the middle of the numeric keypad. If you are trying to dial a phone number, it gives you a reference point to the middle of those keys.
    02-08-10 07:30 AM
    Thank You to JeffH for the link, and Xopher for the bump explanation...
    02-08-10 05:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD