I purchased my first Tour beginning of this month (I made sure it had a green dot on the label) and just today I was at the Verzion store to exchange my Tour because of the muffled sound and bluetooth issues. So I was there explaining to the Verizon rep why I wanted to exchange my phone and while waiting I was messing around with many different Tour Demos they had on the floor ( 6 to be exact ). I've noticed a few with laggy trackballs, screen ripples and of course loose battery doors.

My first Tour was great except for the muffled sound and Bluetooth issue, the keyboard lit up white and bright, the keys also felt "buttery" smooth when pressed, no screen ripples, slight battery door movement.

However on my new exchange ( new box, green dot, made in mexico (5) build date aug.5, 2009), I noticed that when I touched the screen edges I got a small screen ripple ( Not a big deal ) its an LCD screen so what do you expect? The battery door was the same it moved slightly, another no big deal, I can live with it. The keypads seemed a lot dimmer than my first Tour, AND the keys felt very similiar to my old curves keys when pressed ( hard and clicky ). Now this wouldn't be a big deal if I had never gotten used to my first Tour's buttery feeling on the keys. Also the keys look smaller than my first Tour.

I haven't tested out the bluetooth yet but if the other party still can barely hear me, I'm going back to the store to get it exchanged again.
    09-21-09 06:46 PM
    There seems to be different types of Tours
    Yeah, you're right - good ones and bad ones! Even the good ones have room for improvement. Even though, I still love it. I decided not to use it as a wheel chuck as my avatar suggests. Lol
    09-21-09 07:54 PM
    I have yet to connect to my bluetooth. Forgot all about it, but will do first thing in the morning to be sure. Is it normal to have a Tour work perfectly, yet have a bluetooth issue? My speakerphone works great and so far no one has said anything about a muffled noise or voice on my end...
    09-21-09 07:55 PM
    There are 2 different kinds of Tours.... A camra version and a non camra version

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-21-09 09:05 PM
    I agree. I got a "green dot" today, and the keyboard does feel different. I even booted up the old one to check, the new one feels more like a curve... Weird, but hey it works! So I'm a happy girl! I can scroll anywhere I want to!

09-22-09 07:36 PM
    Exchanged once. Got a green dot. Never looked back!

09-22-09 07:43 PM
    Yeah I got a new tour and the trackball feels more porous and the keyboard flatter and firmer...it works great!
    09-22-09 07:51 PM
    i honestly have no idea if i have a green dot cause i already mailed in the rebate

09-22-09 07:55 PM
    I never saw a dot. Mine works great. Better than the first 2. I got the first one when it first came out. Not sure why I even returned it. Second one was ****. 3rd times a charm!
    09-22-09 08:04 PM
    There are 2 different kinds of Tours.... A camra version and a non camra version

ummmmmmm, huh?
    09-22-09 09:30 PM
    Yep my third tour (first with the magical green dot) has a much more "clicky" keyboard. Doesn't bother me though.
    09-22-09 09:45 PM
    I just swapped mine today, at first the trackball felt sticky but it smoothed out and so far *knock on wood* I haven't noticed the freezing problem so I am extremely pleased. Now if only I could get my beweather and bebuzz codes moved over
    09-22-09 09:52 PM
    ummmmmmm, huh?
    He's saying that RIM makes a Tour with a camera and a Tour without the camera...thus, two types.
    09-23-09 08:45 AM
    3rd Tour and all 3 of them have been different. 1st Tour had Muffled Mic, 2nd Tour had Trackball Issue, 3rd door <tap wood> appears perfect. Had the creaking earpiece but fixed that with Krazy Glue.

just today I was at the Verzion store to exchange my Tour because of the muffled sound and bluetooth issues.

My first Tour was great except for the muffled sound and Bluetooth issue, I haven't tested out the bluetooth yet but if the other party still can barely hear me, I'm going back to the store to get it exchanged again.
    I'm sorry.....what Bluetooth issue are you referring to?
    09-23-09 09:04 AM
    He's saying that RIM makes a Tour with a camera and a Tour without the camera...thus, two types.
    I understood the words, but since when is there a Tour without a camera?

09-24-09 05:33 AM
    I'm sorry.....what Bluetooth issue are you referring to?
    This is a well documented and recognized issue. It's even one of the 5 Sticky's here on the 9630 Forum.
    The issue for many (most?) was when you used Bluetooth with your Tour, the person on the other end couldn't hear you well even though you could hear them fine.

For me, this was fixed by OS 4.7.1.53.

09-24-09 05:39 AM

Since forever. It's on Verizon and Sprint's website, blackberry.com and has been known since before the phone came out. It's there for people who work in secure jobs that require employees not to have camera phones.
    09-24-09 06:50 AM

its always been out. The camera verison and the Non-camera version. Make sure that if you ever have a problem with your Tour that they send you a camera version as I seen many tims people getting the Non camera version by mistake.
    09-24-09 08:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD