Also when is the bold 9650 supposed to come out for Sprint?
    04-11-10 06:17 PM
    They're making room for the 9650 Bold.
    04-11-10 06:18 PM
    I assume the Tour is being discontinued because the Tour 2 (or whatever it ends up being called) is imminent. We can only hope they don't rush the Tour 2 in light of Verizon's OS 5 fiasco.
    04-11-10 06:20 PM
    Our Tour is the equivalent of the Edsel.
    04-11-10 07:07 PM
    RIM cannot afford creating useless devices like the Tour, you need a device with WIFI and bigger memory.
    I would like to see new device with Dual Processor and fast browser.
    04-11-10 07:17 PM
    The Tour was RIM's biggest mistake haha

Seriously though, I can't count the number of catastrophic mistakes they made with the Tour. Every person I talk to has been through at least 3 or 4 of them. Verizon has got to be on edge with RIM about the issue. They probably want them gone asap.

Regardless, I'm typing this with a Tour, dealing with yet another trackball issue and now this gosh forsaken browser click(a software issue none the less)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-11-10 07:44 PM
    I bet you see three new BB's on Big Red this year.
    One will be the bold
    The second will be the S3
    I am thinking the third will be a curve2 replacement as the curve2 seems to be a stop gap device.

Seriously waiting for droid2 to drop before the holidays...
    04-11-10 07:53 PM
    I've had absolutely no trouble with my Tour except for the trackball sticking constantly. I've yet to return it because I'm scared I'll run into much bigger problems with a new Tour and still end up with a sticky trackball. The Tour's trackball is just too soft and set too deep in the phone. All trackball blackberries should be replaced with the trackpad, which will probably happen sooner than later. As far as the new os, just ditch it and get .419. After trying several, .419 has been the least buggy for me by far.

04-11-10 07:58 PM
    The Tour was RIM's biggest mistake haha

Seriously though, I can't count the number of catastrophic mistakes they made with the Tour. Every person I talk to has been through at least 3 or 4 of them. Verizon has got to be on edge with RIM about the issue. They probably want them gone asap.

Regardless, I'm typing this with a Tour, dealing with yet another trackball issue and now this gosh forsaken browser click(a software issue none the less)

Poor Tour, you were never meant to be. Alas I shall sell you and buy a Nexus One.
    04-11-10 08:07 PM
    The Tour is really not a bad device it just came along a little too late. Now all newer BlackBerrys are coming with wi-fi and trackpads. I haven't had any trouble with my Tour.
    04-11-10 08:14 PM
    The Tour is not a bad phone at all. I dont have Trackball issues and I dont have issues with my Curve 8530 either.
    04-11-10 08:48 PM
    Still running my first Tour here - no trackball issues and .419 is very stable. Wifi doesn't do much for me since i have unlimited data anyway. Wifi might be faster, but who wants to surf the net on a 2 inch screen? Seriously. I'm happy with the Tour for its intended use which is my business phone and email.

Just got my wife a new Samsumg Moment and have to admit it is pretty slick. Still rough around the edges in terms of the OS, but that will be resolved over time. Android is a nice system.
    04-11-10 08:55 PM
    If you guys are referring to the blog posted here on Crackberry, it showed the non-camera version of the 9630 was at/near End Of Life status. The photo from Verizon did not show anything about the camera version, so I don't think the Tour will be going anywhere for a while.
    04-11-10 09:13 PM
    It may be the abysmal 50% return rate in the firts runs, but I think its simply politics. RIM has agrred to call the 9650 a Bold, and now VZW and Sprint can simplify things into just the Bold and Curve lines for now.

04-12-10 12:59 AM
    I bet you see three new BB's on Big Red this year.
    One will be the bold
    The second will be the S3
    I am thinking the third will be a curve2 replacement as the curve2 seems to be a stop gap device.

Seriously waiting for droid2 to drop before the holidays...
    Droid 2 or a Win 7 phone. Until then I'm stuck with the Tour. and when I do get a new phone, I'll be paying full retail just to get away from this junk.
    04-12-10 01:18 AM
    I have no probelms with my tour or the OS. The clicking issue is not a big deal because instead of clicking it instantly it just takes an extra second or two which I can most certainly spare. I do wish it had wifi which is why I will be upgrading to the bold when it comes for verizon. As far as trackball issues go I do not have any because I clean mine once every few weeks. Overall I really enjoy this phone.

04-12-10 01:45 AM
    My Tour trackball is fine. I did have one replacement and since no issues.
    I think the Tour has gotten a bad rap. I like the device a lot. No issues for me since the replacement but I didn't like the new 5.0 OS
    04-12-10 01:51 AM
    RIM cannot afford creating useless devices like the Tour, you need a device with WIFI and bigger memory.
    I would like to see new device with Dual Processor and fast browser.
    Why do you need a device with WiFi? WiFi is something that I personally would most likely never use or have a need for. The Tour is far from useless because it doesn't have WiFi.
    04-12-10 05:43 AM
    Why do you need a device with WiFi? WiFi is something that I personally would most likely never use or have a need for. The Tour is far from useless because it doesn't have WiFi.
    basements where there is no reception
    planes with wifi
    traveling to places where you dont want to buy a new sim card
    browsing stuff in bed
    sharing files over home network
    using your phone apps to control an HTPC within your home
    etc
    04-12-10 08:10 AM
    basements where there is no reception
    planes with wifi
    traveling to places where you dont want to buy a new sim card
    browsing stuff in bed
    sharing files over home network
    using your phone apps to control an HTPC within your home
    etc

I had a device with Wifi.

8530... It worked, but not all that to cry home about and say it was better...

With the Tour I use online hosting(Free) for access to my files at home and work...

And also use BT to transfer stuff back and forth...

Also I am never in my basement, unless to do laundry... So no connection issues for me.

But ya I know, people want the latest and greatest....
    04-12-10 08:45 AM
    et al.....
    sell your tour now to the folks that don't know that the tour has ended and hold that cash until the new 9650 appears. that was my original plan, then i realized that i don't want another blackberry. the platform is tired.

i'm using my standby 8830 and outside of the evil hourglass and no mms.. and no memory... and no (list goes on). it's basically the same.
    04-12-10 10:09 AM
    Love my Tour. I will probably get the new one, because I have wanted WiFi, but no problems at all with my Tour. Updated software works fine. It is a fine device.

jr
    04-12-10 10:49 AM
    Took me four tours to get a good one, but I love it, no problems out of it whatsoever. As for the trackpad and WiFi, I will get them next phone. No biggie to me.
    04-12-10 11:15 AM
    We have had no issues with our Tours. No trackball problems and its just what we need for our lifestyle. We have no use for WiFi on our phones. And I'm sure there a lots of Tour users who have never come to this sight who have experienced no problems. I will hate to see it go myself.

04-12-10 11:25 AM
    I'm another dissenting opinion then. I love my Tour. Granted, this is my first BB. I've no others to which I can compare it. The trackball can be a little iffy, but I can generally get it right myself. The only other problem is that it crashed and I had to have the software reinstalled. Not that big of a deal really.

This is my 6th cell phone, and is by far the best I've had. I love having my e-mail pushed to me (almost never check it online anymore). I love having Twitter updates constantly. The Garmin GPS app I bought for is outstanding. The only thing that pizzes me off is the lack of useful/fun apps like the iPhone has. I wish there were better apps available for BB users. I doubt that'll make me jump ship though. US Cellular probably won't get an iPhone, at least not for a long time. I don't really want to go back to Verizon. I left them Jan '04 and have been very happy with USCC (apart from the lack of latest/greatest phone selection).
    04-12-10 12:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD