I've been hooking up to my laptop to try to transfers photos and mp3s, but the phone always says transfer failed. Then when I do it from the laptop, the laptop says it's failed. Is there some type of mode I have to go into on the phone or the laptop, or do I have to change some setting, or can you only use desktop manager for bluetooth? I was really looking forward to not having to bring wires with me when trying to update my phone's files.
    08-11-09 02:33 PM
    OKAY, I FINALLY sent a photo from my phone to the computer. Easy enough. How do I send a photo from my computer to my Tour? This is realllly bugging me
    08-11-09 02:40 PM
    Wow, found the instructions online. I noticed I hadn't google searched yet -.-

These instructions work for any type of file.

1. Open "Media" Application on your Blackberry 8300 Curve.

2. Select "Ring Tones".

3. Select either "All Ring Tones", "My Ring Tones" or "Preloaded Ring Tones" (I transfer all my personal Ringtones to "My Ring Tones").

4. Press the Blackberry button directly to the right of the green phone button (the button that looks like a dialpad).

5. Select "Receive Using Bluetooth" (You will see a "File Transfer - Waiting for connection" message).

6. Go to your MAC and open Bluetooth File Exchange.

7. Select "Send File".

8. Select the device you want to transfer your file to (in this case, a Blackberry 8300 Curve).

9. Click "Send".

10. Go to your Blackberry 8300 and Curve and notice a window asking you to "Please choose the location where you wish to save file"

11. Select "Save" located at the bottom left of the window.

12. SUCCESS!!!!!!
    08-11-09 02:44 PM
    OKAY, I FINALLY sent a photo from my phone to the computer. Easy enough. How do I send a photo from my computer to my Tour? This is realllly bugging me
    Hit the Blackberry button when in pictures, and select to recieve via bluetooth
    08-11-09 02:46 PM
    Any reason why this might still not work? I am trying to send an mp3 to my Tour, have tried "send via Bluetooth" while in the main media app menu and the music submenu but no luck. My PC continues to say "the file transfer was not successful" and "an invalid argument was supplied. Any ideas?
    09-04-09 05:01 PM
    I think I read that the tour does not support file transfer via bluetooth.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-04-09 08:18 PM
    You have to select "Receive using Bluetooth" for any file transfer TO the phone first. It seems to be an extra layer of protection to keep files from being sent to the phone without the owners consent as a lot of people keep their Bluetooth enabled all the time. I send pics and mp3 files TO/FROM the tour and laptop all the time using USB, never fails.

Also when initiating a transfer FROM the Tour to the PC, your PC should show a popup stating that a device is trying to send a file to your PC and to click on it in order to approve/deny the transfer. Its usually a popup near the task bar's notification area.
    Last edited by google123; 09-04-09 at 09:11 PM.
    09-04-09 09:09 PM
    You have to select "Receive using Bluetooth" for any file transfer TO the phone first. It seems to be an extra layer of protection to keep files from being sent to the phone without the owners consent as a lot of people keep their Bluetooth enabled all the time. I send pics and mp3 files TO/FROM the tour and laptop all the time using USB, never fails.

Also when initiating a transfer FROM the Tour to the PC, your PC should show a popup stating that a device is trying to send a file to your PC and to click on it in order to approve/deny the transfer. Its usually a popup near the task bar's notification area.
    I stand corrected. i just tried following your instructions and it worked like a charm.
    09-06-09 09:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD