Anyone using more than 5 GB per line in a given month is presumed to be using the service in a manner prohibited above, and we reserve the right to immediately terminate the service of any such person without notice. We also reserve the right to terminate service upon expiration of Customer Agreement term.

What Verizon is saying is this:

If you are go above the 5gb per month and VZW determined that you are tethering without a tethering plan then they have the right to cut your service.

So if you are just using your bb for streaming audio or any of those kinds of activities; those activities are not covered by this TOS.

The statement above is just a legal way of saying that if you use more than 5gb per month; we will look at your account to see if you are doing something we don't approve and if you are; we cut your service.
    No that is not what that says.... Stop adding crap to what it really says. Its specifically says if you go over 5gb of data Verizon has the right to assume you are using the data in inappropriate ways...

Its damn near impossible to go over 5gb of data on a bb unless you are streaming music, streaming videos, p2p or tethering. All of which are breaking the TOS. Point blank period dot com. You damn sure isnt going to go over 5gb browsing crackberry.com . The fact remains if you go over 5gb of data your **** will get terminated or you would be charged overage fees. They dont need to look at your account to know you are doing something wrong if you are using 15 gb a month.
    07-06-09 10:34 PM
    There's a 5gb cap.
    I know, because I hit 4.5gb's and I got a call from Verizon. Haha.

EDIT: I don't stream anything either.
    Sometimes my internet doesn't work for my Macbook, so I'll just use the phone.
    Oh well.
    Last edited by ChandlerAdaway; 07-06-09 at 10:42 PM.
    07-06-09 10:37 PM
    I do believe it says unlimited up to 5 Gigs a month regardless of how you use it. Theres no worries though its nearly impossible to go over 5 gigs a month.
    The data plans for bb/pda is truly unlimited. I know someone who does 6gb on her bb alone, consistantly and she's not using it illegally. You're are limited if you use your device to tether. That is where the 5gb comes into play.
    Last edited by babyface35762; 07-07-09 at 01:27 AM.
    07-07-09 01:15 AM
    Wrong and unless you have some sort of proof (vzw website, bill with proof of overages) please stop posting it.
    I so agree with the bolded. :lol:
    07-07-09 01:18 AM
    I work in customer service/tech at vzw. There are no limitations on data usage. No one has ever gone over any "ceiling" for blackberry. I see thousands of customers a month, my store is in a wealthy part of a financial town, and all we sell are blackberries.

There has never been an issue with a customer being charged for overage, and there is no cap on just the blackberry. Don't agree with me, fine, but we do not charge overage for data use on a $29.99 or $44.99 package. No shenanigans
    07-07-09 01:34 AM
    I just called Verizon. They said there is no 5 GB limit or cap. They said if you use your BB to tether, they can tell and then you'd be limited to 5 GB.
    Thanks for getting the correct info from the source. I have been trying to find out if its unlimited or not.
    10-12-09 12:37 AM
    The long and short is this Tethering or Data Card 5gb cap. BB use only unlimited.
    10-12-09 07:34 AM
    OK, it seems that it must be OK to tether as long as you don't go nuts and back up your hard drive to an online server, upload 1000 pictures to Kodak (which I need to find out how to do from my SD card if possble in my phone) download multiple movies, etc. I am torn of tethering, I hate my satellite internet and am running on 7 day trial of Tetherberry and have fell in love with the speed, seems that I just will need to watch out for going over board. Thanks for the clarity on the situation, lol
    10-12-09 09:06 AM
    jeremy-Go nuts and then post back here how your bill is. I'd love to get this feature for traveling, but the horror stories are a bit spooky.
    10-12-09 09:14 AM
    What do you work for verizon and missed out on all the training about blackberry internet limitation??? There is a cap

Well, I work for Verizon and I can tell you there is no limit...unless (like its been said) you tether (5gb cap)
    10-12-09 04:01 PM
60 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD