I have been trying tirelessly to figure out Verizon's $29.99/month "E-mail and web for BlackBerry" plan. It really does not provide any information on the web-browsing part of the plan. Is there a limit to how much "data" can be received each month? Consider me a newbie, it just does not make sense. What is data? Is that loading a standard web page or actually downloading items from the net? If it is browsing, does that mean if you are a heavy browser like me, that you can actually go over your data "limit" each month? Please clarify, it is very confusing. Thanks!
    07-04-09 12:12 AM
    No there is no data limit on the BB Plan UNLESS you tether (sign up for Mobile Broadband as a calling feature and use it as a wireless modem for your computer in which case it is a 5GB cap OR if you steal the feature and get caught you will be charged uber for your data).

As long as you are just using it as a BB then you have nothing to worry about.
    07-04-09 12:15 AM
    Its says "Unlimited", but I think correct me if I'm wrong their is a 5GB cap.
    07-04-09 12:15 AM
    you're only allowed 744 hours a month

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-04-09 12:16 AM
    It says unlimited, but there really is a cap. YEAH VERIZON!!!!!!!
    07-04-09 12:19 AM
    Its unlimited up to 5 gigs a month which you will never use that much in a month. So basically unlimited. Go ahead and strike up that internet radio and video streaming. Oh and data is everything you do on the phone except making calls and I think texting. Data is every web page to every app that gets information from the web.
    07-04-09 12:22 AM
    There is only a cap if you tether. Otherwise there is NO CAP.
    07-04-09 12:23 AM
    There is only a cap if you tether. Otherwise there is NO CAP.
    I do believe it says unlimited up to 5 Gigs a month regardless of how you use it. Theres no worries though its nearly impossible to go over 5 gigs a month.
    07-04-09 12:25 AM
    There is no cap.

07-04-09 12:28 AM
    Weekendbum, you sure? I'm pretty sure there is a cap at 5 GB...
    07-04-09 12:29 AM
    I'm very sure. No cap... Unless you tether.

07-04-09 12:30 AM
    I do believe it says unlimited up to 5 Gigs a month regardless of how you use it. Theres no worries though its nearly impossible to go over 5 gigs a month.
    I've done it (only got that high once) and never been charged there is NO CAP period, please stop perpetuating these rumors. They only people they go out and nail are the ones tethering.

But yes it us pretty hard to exceed the 5GB I generally use 2-2.5 GB in a month or less.
    07-04-09 12:34 AM
    From my understanding when I had had VZW srvc, it was UNL Data AS LONG as it was from the device. Tethering was a 5GB limit though.

07-04-09 12:35 AM
    I'm very sure. No cap... Unless you tether.

What do you work for verizon and missed out on all the training about blackberry internet limitation??? There is a cap
    07-04-09 12:35 AM
    What do you work for verizon and missed out on all the training about blackberry internet limitation??? There is a cap
    I just called Verizon. They said there is no 5 GB limit or cap. They said if you use your BB to tether, they can tell and then you'd be limited to 5 GB.
    07-04-09 12:40 AM
    The cap is ONLY if you thether.
    07-04-09 12:51 AM

In a 31 day month there is 744 hours.
    07-04-09 12:55 AM
    Only up to 5gb
    07-04-09 01:14 AM
    Quite the contrary. I work for Verizon Wireless and paid attention in training. Do you work for VzW? If so show me the infomanager page that explains the cap or provide ONE customers bill that has overage on it from non-tethering data.

You won't find one. If you wanna be sarcastic at least be correct.

07-04-09 01:26 AM
    In a 31 day month there is 744 hours.
    You see what I did there?

07-04-09 01:27 AM
    I work for VZW and I can tell you that there is NO limit with the $29.99 Web & Email plan. The only reason why you would have a cap would be because you decided to get the $30.00 BBA Connect plan and then the limit would be 5GB but only when you were tethered...Once you went back to using just the phone there you have unlimited again. Hope this makes sense/helps...
    07-04-09 01:28 AM
    I have to believe this is the biggest MYTH I see on these forums and HOFO forums and one I see people post wrong about quite often. There is NOT a 5gb data cap for data use except if you tether and/or use a card for your laptop etc.
    07-04-09 06:02 AM
    There is a cap... Its a 5gb cap no matter if you tether or not.. If you go over 5gb you will get charged overage or have your service temporarily suspended. They will tell you this at the data department.
    Last edited by treyatl2006; 07-04-09 at 07:27 AM.
    07-04-09 07:24 AM

Nicely done!
    07-04-09 10:33 AM
    There is a cap... Its a 5gb cap no matter if you tether or not.. If you go over 5gb you will get charged overage or have your service temporarily suspended. They will tell you this at the data department.
    Wrong and unless you have some sort of proof (vzw website, bill with proof of overages) please stop posting it.
    07-04-09 12:50 PM
60 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD