I've read some very contradictory threads here and at blackberryOS.

Some claim to know more than others.

The information will be a great factor in my trying to install the leak.
    08-31-09 07:58 AM
    I'll tell you right now that if you're looking for Verizon to actually approve an "Official" OS update any time soon, you'll be waiting very long. That is unless the leak shows a great deal of improvement over the issues that many of us are and have been experiencing.

Verizon took forever, I believe close to 3 years **someone correct me if I'm wrong**, to release OS 4.5 under an "Official Release" but it was leaked months, if not a year before they approved it.

If you have a Tour, the best is probably to look at what people are finding wrong with the OS leak of 5.0 and if you can live with the issue, upgrade. As for an official word on when it will be "Officially Released", well, that'll be a very long time, or at least I think so.
    08-31-09 08:19 AM
    No one ever knows this question....

it takes Verizon a longgggg time to pass an OS.
    08-31-09 08:26 AM
    Second of third week of Sept. That's my estimate right now after doing some digging.

We'll see though..
    08-31-09 09:01 AM
    There is a target date of 9/15, BUT take that with a grain of salt.
    08-31-09 09:09 AM
    there are 1,000 threads on this..someone please use the search option...help us out pkcable the "forums Moderator"
    08-31-09 09:12 AM
    C'mon 9/15/09... Waiting impatiently. Still not gonna fix my trackball issue though...
    08-31-09 09:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD