Greetings, and I want to say that I'm glad that this forum exist. Let me get to my situation, and I'm sure that the blackberry pro's here might be able to help me.

I was a Treo user and wanted nothing to do with the Blackberry, but after a few years, my trusty 700p was out of gas, so I bit the bullet, and decided to join the rest of the world and get a BB.

I bought a 9630 and had it unlocked, went to T-Mobile and got the service, and for a WEEK STRAIGHT I was smoking, I had all my emails coming to the device, I was learning how to use the PIN, and Blackberry Messenger was really cool.

***THEN***

The Tour decided to take me for a Trip that I have yet to come back from. On Friday, barley a week into my new usage, I was still trying to learn how to make a 3-way call. During my last attempt, the phone died, and went blank. When it came back on, I stopped receiving emails, could not access the internet, and no more Blackberry Messenger.

I have done everything short of throw it in the fireplace. I was on version 5.091. and I downgraded back to 4.71 then tried to go back. Nothing seems to work, and now many of my icons are gone. Web2Go- Gone When I try to setup my email, I only have two options Setup Wizard and Setup Bluetooth. The Manage Email or whatever option is gone. When I click on the Setup Wizard, I only get the Enterprise Option, I can setup the individual emails like before

I've resent the HRT about 100 times, and still nothing. When I hold down the menu button to get the browser icon, it tells me "Your Device does not curently have any browser Configuration Service Book Entries. Please......

I downloaded the CrackMem and tried to Wipe the device, but it still comes up like it's a verizon phone etc...

Can ANYONE help me before I give up the ghost and move to maybe the Treo 701p! I mean it's old, but the thing was solid, and it didn't do this kinda stuff to me in one week

~Alex
    06-12-10 08:02 PM
    Not sure if this has anything to do with your issue because it only mentions the storm but sounds like it might.

T-Mobile killing service to unlocked Storm devices? | CrackBerry.com
    06-12-10 08:34 PM
    They are also doing it with the iphone as well. Can't blame them though. Just want to sell more of their phones.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-12-10 08:59 PM
    Can ANYONE help me before I give up the ghost and move to maybe the Treo 701p! I mean it's old, but the thing was solid, and it didn't do this kinda stuff to me in one week
    What you describe seems to be the same problem as all the other TMo users with ex-Verizon phones. See the thread mentioned above, and http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/ema...mobile-478275/

There is nothing wrong with your phone, it is a technical issue somewhere between T-Mobile, RIM, and Verizon. The real problem is that each contender is blaming the other two.
    06-13-10 05:58 PM
    They are also doing it with the iphone as well. Can't blame them though. Just want to sell more of their phones.

I don't think they make money on the hardware, that is why they have 2 year contracts with ETF. They should love people who go an buy equip on other carriers then pay them for the service..
    06-13-10 06:32 PM
    Greetings, and I want to say that I'm glad that this forum exist. Let me get to my situation, and I'm sure that the blackberry pro's here might be able to help me.

I was a Treo user and wanted nothing to do with the Blackberry, but after a few years, my trusty 700p was out of gas, so I bit the bullet, and decided to join the rest of the world and get a BB.

I bought a 9630 and had it unlocked, went to T-Mobile and got the service, and for a WEEK STRAIGHT I was smoking, I had all my emails coming to the device, I was learning how to use the PIN, and Blackberry Messenger was really cool.

***THEN***

The Tour decided to take me for a Trip that I have yet to come back from. On Friday, barley a week into my new usage, I was still trying to learn how to make a 3-way call. During my last attempt, the phone died, and went blank. When it came back on, I stopped receiving emails, could not access the internet, and no more Blackberry Messenger.

I have done everything short of throw it in the fireplace. I was on version 5.091. and I downgraded back to 4.71 then tried to go back. Nothing seems to work, and now many of my icons are gone. Web2Go- Gone When I try to setup my email, I only have two options Setup Wizard and Setup Bluetooth. The Manage Email or whatever option is gone. When I click on the Setup Wizard, I only get the Enterprise Option, I can setup the individual emails like before

I've resent the HRT about 100 times, and still nothing. When I hold down the menu button to get the browser icon, it tells me "Your Device does not curently have any browser Configuration Service Book Entries. Please......

I downloaded the CrackMem and tried to Wipe the device, but it still comes up like it's a verizon phone etc...

~Alex
    You may have done this but, ill suggest it anyway
    Options>mobile network>hit menu>slect update profile then update preferred list. Sounds like your service books just need to register. If that doesn't work then I'd call T-mo they may just need to push it back out to you.

06-14-10 05:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD