I currently have a storm, and although I'm moderately happy with it, I think I would like the tour more. However there is one thing making me a little nervous about getting it... I do a ton of texting while driving (i know bad habit but yeah i do it...) and use the suretype on the storm..... To all the people that currently have a full QWERTY, how is it texting one handed? Its bad enough to do 1 handed, i would hate to drive with my knees...
    06-22-09 07:41 PM
    I use vlingo which is a talk to text program. It's illegal to text while driving and the ticket is hefty. Good luck.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-22-09 07:44 PM
    I can do it quite well on my curve. As a matter of fact I'm on the highway now. It is not a problem for me.

06-22-09 07:44 PM
    I use vlingo which is a talk to text program. It's illegal to text while driving and the ticket is hefty. Good luck.

lol its illegal here too.... got pulled over on the highway for speeding.,.. the cop asked if i saw him, almost responded "no, too busy texting" but that woulda been bad so i didnt... and the talk to txt things never really work that well for me.... does vlingo work in BBM too or just SMS?
    06-22-09 07:46 PM
    Can u use vlingo for cb?

06-22-09 07:47 PM
    I believe it can be used for several applications. You can say "google ..." Or "e-mail ..." Or "send message to ..." There are several cue commands. It's really nice and usually really accurate.

06-22-09 07:50 PM
    I can do it quite well on my curve. As a matter of fact I'm on the highway now. It is not a problem for me.

yo yo man I know crackberry is the bomb but seriously you need to pay attention to that road.. crackberry will be here when you get where your going
    06-22-09 07:52 PM
    Have u used it for the forum?

06-22-09 07:52 PM
    Got a curve too text n drive with my knees all...... the time. NP !
    06-22-09 07:54 PM
    yo yo man I know crackberry is the bomb but seriously you need to pay attention to that road.. crackberry will be here when you get where your going
    The real addicts put their lives on the line to post in a thread on CB
    I have not. Since the forum is on a webpage, it doesn't work. Try it out free. I downloaded from crackberry app page. The mobile page has a link. The link for the Storm costs money, but the version for the Curve works for free and is compatible.

If I am ever hit by someone who was texting...I'll break their phone unless it's a BB.

06-22-09 07:57 PM
    If I am ever hit by someone who was texting...I'll break their phone unless it's a BB.

What if you ever hit someone that is texting hm?
    06-22-09 07:58 PM
    Um...depends... . Let me ask my lawyer.

06-22-09 08:00 PM

Wow wow... You need you focus on the driving especially on the highway!

06-22-09 08:03 PM
    I neva text while driving, the risk is WAY to high!!!
    06-22-09 08:07 PM
    how about txting one handed?
    06-22-09 08:08 PM
    The real addicts put their lives on the line to post in a thread on CB
    Yeah, but you shouldnt risk ours
    06-22-09 08:10 PM

Lol that's awesome. Text like a champ!!
    06-22-09 08:10 PM
    Yeah, but you shouldnt risk ours
    I have to say, I text while driving all the time on my storm, and i am usually going in a straighter line than most people
    06-22-09 08:12 PM
    I hope all you IDIOTS that text while driving only kill yourself and not any innocent law abiding people.
    06-22-09 08:14 PM
    I hope all you IDIOTS that text while driving only kill yourself and not any innocent law abiding people.
    Well that is very thoughtful, and we greatly appreciate your excellent contribution to this thread...
    06-22-09 08:15 PM
    I can type way better on my curve with a full qwerty then I ever did on the storm. I don't type with one hand in the car either, I use two. Just gotta learn to drive with your knee. Typing one hand is *** though, it's a lot slower. Wait for the tour, if it has 5.0 OS there's supposed to be integrating a suretype feature for the full qwerty

I know this is boiling someones blood reading this thread but hey...guess you've gotta live with it.
    06-22-09 08:35 PM
    I hate to break it to you, but it IS dangerous. Yes, I've been guilty of doing it myself until I saw a woman two cars in front of me flip her car after she hit the curb on West Hunt Club. What was she doing? Texting on her phone.

I'm going to play mother, because that's what I do best.

I have two small children. I drive with those children on a regular basis.

If they were yours, would you want the person in the car behind/in front/beside you texting instead of paying attention to the road?

It isn't funny, it isn't a joke. Cars are nice but they are weapons, too. You would all be well served to remember that.
    06-22-09 08:36 PM
    awww, cant handle the thread? Leave.
    06-22-09 08:36 PM
91 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD