I LOVE my new tour; it is leaps and bounds better than the Palm Centro that it replaced. The only complaint I have is sending a text quickly; if I click the messaging icon and hit c for compose it always wants to write an e-mail. The only way I can get it to text is by hitting the menu button and scrolling down to Compose SMS.

Please tell me that it is operator error and there is an easier way to quickly send a text message.
    08-31-09 12:55 PM
    open message folder..

then hit bb key>options>general scroll down

there is sms and email inboxes.. set it to seperate..

this will pull out a separate folder on your home screen made specifically for texting..

I am not sure if this is exactly what your looking for but it may help..
    08-31-09 12:58 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/tip-...ortcuts-13131/

searched forums : sms shortcuts

Welcome to CB
    08-31-09 12:59 PM
    NOAIM, I went to Menu>Options>.... No general listed. I read all available options and there is no option for General the list is alphabetical and jumps from Date/Time to Language
    08-31-09 01:23 PM
    even when you split the boxes, "C" will not compose a text message....only an email.
    08-31-09 01:44 PM
    search for "QSMS"
    08-31-09 01:45 PM
    I'm a former palm user and had the same complaint. I found 2 helpful methods for sms. There is a small program qsms, it allows you to either set a side key to open compose sms or the 'q' key in certain cases--found it works great. The other option is if you have quicklaunch, you can create 'sms contact 1' in the menu. You would have to do this for each contact that you sms frequently. In that case, if you have ql attached to open w/ a hotkey, you can then scroll immediately to whoever is on your list and open compose to that person.

Not perfect, but I found these to be more 'palm like'. Qsms is really easy.
    08-31-09 01:48 PM
    There's been a lot of talk about this in the past. In future OS builds there will be "Threaded SMS"---maybe there will also be a solution to this issue.
    08-31-09 02:04 PM
    with dial from home scree i just type the persons name, that brings up a list of the people with that name, then menu, the default is call, but the 2nd is sms, sdo you can scroll down one or hit "s" and enter
    08-31-09 02:22 PM
    That last one will work for me. Thanks Teksu!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-31-09 03:29 PM
    There is a free app I think called iSMS. You can get it on crackberry. It makes the "I" button on the homescreen the shortcut for sms txt. You can then use c for compose email and then the I for compose sms txt. It works great.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-06-09 11:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD