I have noticed that there is a quite long lag when pressing reply or send on a text. Also, i feel like i need to delete my inbox a couple times a day in order for it to work responably faster. Is there anyway to fix that problem. Thanks
    08-14-09 08:59 PM
    The 2 apps that I depend on to keep my Curve running smoothly are logMaid logMaid - Personal Productivity BlackBerry Apps - Crackberry BlackBerry Software Store and QuickPull BlackBerry Apps - Crackberry Store
    08-14-09 09:17 PM
    I have about 1000 sms messages in my inbox and I don't see any lag.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-15-09 02:20 AM
    Maybe you got too much going on inside your phone. Try battery pull- that always refreshes your memory. And there should not be a lag simply because you have several text messages in your inbox. I have had mine contain around 1000+ text and never saw a lag. Same thing for my email inbox. Try the batt. pull and if that doesnt work- talk to your carrier customer service and have them fix it for your with their tech support. After all, you are paying for the service.
    08-15-09 04:30 AM
    yeah id say check the apps running in the background i have no lag and i havent deleted my text since i got the phone july 12 and im a 17 yr old that loves to text on top of that
    08-15-09 05:25 AM
    Mine was just lagging bad too. Even rebooted and still lagged but now i cleared everything out cuz i had a ton of texts hopefully its faster now
    08-15-09 08:05 AM
    Those having OS 4.7 text delay issue.
    Go into display setting and change display message header to 1 line.
    Sms/email opening and sending have been faster no lag so ive found
    Last edited by Slingbox; 09-06-09 at 03:40 PM.
    09-06-09 03:21 PM
    I have noticed that there is a quite long lag when pressing reply or send on a text. Also, i feel like i need to delete my inbox a couple times a day in order for it to work responably faster. Is there anyway to fix that problem. Thanks
    Well I found out if you hide your sent messages and then delete the inbox by going to delete prior it only deletes what it viewed. so my sent messages kept stacking up and my phone was lagging alot. So I unselected hide my sent messages and what do you know messages from when I first got the phone, I deleted all of them and turn the phone on and off and I was back rolling away.

Another thing you can do to speed up your phone is go into the menu and hold down the menu key until a list of running apps come up go to the ones you aren't using and then click menu and go down to close.
    09-06-09 03:27 PM
    Yeah i have severe lag as well, have it in BBM when typing long message and during txt messages. Tried everything possible still their for me, especially in BBM OS update should fix the issue I hope.
    09-06-09 04:50 PM
    Yeah i have severe lag as well, have it in BBM when typing long message and during txt messages. Tried everything possible still their for me, especially in BBM OS update should fix the issue I hope.
    well if your problem is like mine its not severe lag ALL the time. Its golden for about 1-2minutes, but then hits a brick wall for 10-30 seconds.

When is this OS update you speak of supposed to come, besides the obvious "not soon enough?"
    09-06-09 05:21 PM
    We arent 100% sure but A verizon document showed sept 15 and yes just like you said not all the time the lag/freeaes happen in bursts. I was told by blackberry support it is a known issue on the tour but not what might be causing it.
    09-06-09 06:31 PM
    We arent 100% sure but A verizon document showed sept 15 and yes just like you said not all the time the lag/freeaes happen in bursts. I was told by blackberry support it is a known issue on the tour but not what might be causing it.
    Well its makes windows mobile look like linux. Maybe the new software will fix it but until then I'll exchange mine a million times because I just wiped mine and didnt even install ANYTHING again and its still doing it.
    09-06-09 06:38 PM
    mine lags a bit too, i've just learned to deal with it...
    09-06-09 07:14 PM
    It definitely OS related..no doubt about it.
    Mine had no issue out of the box 4.7 until I down graded from os 5.0 back to 4.7.
    Rim needs to provide update fast...Voice muffle ,lagging email/sms when sending ,Heck the 9630 BB has that fine WM dependability many of us ran from
    Last edited by Slingbox; 09-06-09 at 07:25 PM.
    09-06-09 07:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD