I have had my Tour for the past year and occasionally have issues with tethering. My provider does not truely support nor charge for the feature. It has been working reliablity for the most part.

I have always been able to tether via Bluetooth using Windows DUN by dialing #777. Now I get "Error 678: The remote computer did not respond". I am able to query my modem via device manager without an issue. When I try to connect I see my phone cycle from 1XEV to 1xev and then to 1x before I get the connection error and it returns to 1XEV. I THINK it has always cycled like this, but not 100%

I have working internet on my phone, I have tired *228, service book push, battery pull ETC. I am always afraid to update the OS on my phone as it usually results in the tethering no longer working so I am currently at 4.7.1.61 and have not updated in a long time. The ONLY thing that has changed it my BB DTM updated to 6.0.1.18. Could this have caused my issue?

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
    Mike
    01-06-11 07:01 PM
    Still crossing my fingers that someone has a suggestion to try. I looked at my drivers and it doesn't appear that the bluetooth modem driver has been updated.... HELP!
    01-11-11 10:40 AM
    Have you tried to go back to your previous DM? Worth a try.
    01-11-11 11:03 AM
    I did think of that. Was the next version down blackberry desktop 6.0.0.43? I don't recall my previous version and cannot find a version history online.

THANKS!
    01-11-11 04:15 PM
    I have had my Tour for the past year and occasionally have issues with tethering. My provider does not truely support nor charge for the feature. It has been working reliablity for the most part.

I have always been able to tether via Bluetooth using Windows DUN by dialing #777. Now I get "Error 678: The remote computer did not respond". I am able to query my modem via device manager without an issue. When I try to connect I see my phone cycle from 1XEV to 1xev and then to 1x before I get the connection error and it returns to 1XEV. I THINK it has always cycled like this, but not 100%

I have working internet on my phone, I have tired *228, service book push, battery pull ETC. I am always afraid to update the OS on my phone as it usually results in the tethering no longer working so I am currently at 4.7.1.61 and have not updated in a long time. The ONLY thing that has changed it my BB DTM updated to 6.0.1.18. Could this have caused my issue?

Thanks!
    Mike
    I am using dm 5.o with my tour and it works fine. Have also installed newest os (5.0 1041). And don't have any probs. May want to update your os. Dm 6.0 gave me nuthing but probs. It could be a issue with such old os on phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-11-11 06:31 PM
    OS upgrades nearly ALWAYS cause me issues.

Let me ask this. Download manager tells me that I have all the current updates. When I sync there is no prompt to upgrade and when I specifically ask it to look at the software it says I have the latest.

When I go to the BlackBerry web site, enter my carrier, then it shows me the updated OS. Why does DM not pickup on this? Last time I tried to upgrade from blackberry.com I lost the ability to tether so I went back to where I was with the OS.

Which is the most accurate source for OS upgrades?

I am going to try tethering with another system tomrrow, if I cannot do that I know it has nothing to do with DM as that system doesn't have it. Then I will go to the OS modifications, if I must.

Thanks!
    01-12-11 09:45 AM

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
    Mike
    Hey Mike, that is exactly the problem. Do a complete remove/clean and then reinstall the older one
    01-12-11 10:03 AM
    Thank you Pathtek4! I was hoping that was the issue. Do you know why this is? Same thing happen to you?

Is the next version down DM 6.0.0.43? I found a download for 600_b047_multilanguage.exe, which I think is what I need???

Thanks a million!
    01-12-11 12:49 PM
    Thank you Pathtek4! I was hoping that was the issue. Do you know why this is? Same thing happen to you?

Is the next version down DM 6.0.0.43? I found a download for 600_b047_multilanguage.exe, which I think is what I need???

Thanks a million!
    I don't know "why", I just know the same BS happened to me, which caused me the same frustration and cursing that I changed something that was working fine, haha! Not sure if the 47 is the one I use, I'm at work, so I can't tell ya. But I did roll back to the version I had "saved" in a folder for install (I'm a pack-rat with things)
    01-13-11 07:55 AM
    I tested my Bluetooth tethering today on another computer before taking the suggestions to do a clean install of a previous version of DTM. I had the same results on another system. I called my carrier and they said that they had received a memo that the company was going to lock this down so it could not be done! I asked if they were going to make it into a feature that they charged for (as they previously didn't support it nor charge for it) and they said not at this time.

Huge loss! Thanks for everyone's input.

Mike
    01-13-11 10:28 PM
    Use tethering apps

go to Tether BlackBerry, Tether Android | Tether.com

this is the best solution
    01-16-11 12:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD