I have a Tour and have it tethered for my computer. Its thru US Cellular. It works great the first time you hook it up and turn the computer on, no problem. But if you ever unhook or unplug the phone it wont hook back up with out shutting down the computer and restarting. Does anyone have any recommendations on what to do to fix this, its getting old to restart the computer all the time. Thanks for any info.
    08-31-10 05:04 PM
    Sounds like a computer issue to me.
    08-31-10 08:47 PM
    Sounds like a computer issue to me.
    I agree. I also have us cellular and have no such probs. Occasionaly it won't conect if I don't wait for dm to load all way first but normally works great.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-01-10 02:23 AM
    Well kinda an update. I took it to a US Cellular service tech and they messed around with it and reinstalled Blackberry Manager and did some settings and still the problem. I bought the computer from Best Buy where the tech used to work so he called a friend there and I took it to them and they did some messing around with it. Sometimes it works now where if you unplug the tether hookup cord it will be fine then sometimes it says error cant find server or wont hookup. They said its possible that because the computer(about 4 yrs old) still has a hookup for dialup built in and also the blackberry is considered a dial up that its confusing itself. ANy ideas? Im getting tired of restarting the computer every time you unhook not to mention that its hard on it. US Cellular cant seem to figure it out, Best Buy Geek Squad cant figure it out. ANy help would be appreciated. Thanks.
    10-11-10 10:37 AM
    Are you simply unplugging it? If you have windows, try using the "safely remove hardware" icon in the taskbar prior to disconnecting, and then unplug the usb from the computer, and then the device.

Worth a shot at this point I guess.
    10-11-10 11:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD