Hey guys, I know there are alot of experienced blackberry users that may help me with my dilema...here it is.

I'm thinking about getting the New BB Tour for my business from Verizon.

Along with my BB, I will be using my laptop on the road about 2-3 times a week WHILE TALKING on my BB***.

Here are my options:

OPTION 1:

Single Plan

Cell Phone: $59.99(900min) voice plan + $29.99 BB email plan

and a Mobile Broadband device Plan for my laptop: $39.99 (250 MB)
    ***which requires a contract.

Total: $129.97+taxes and fees

or

OPTION 2:

Family Plan

2 cell phones(one Blackberry and one regular Dumbphone): $89.99(1400Min) voice plan + $29.99 BB email plan for my BB(main phone).

TOTAL: $119.98 + Tethering (not sure the price) but if its lets say $15.

$119.98 + the tethering $15 = $134.98.... 500 extra minutes for $5!!!

and instead of having a Broadband device with a 2 year contract at $39.99 a month i could Tether using my blackberry. Now i heard this from some one but, is it true you can have calls forwarded to another phone while you are using your BB as a modem????

and i heard Tethering is about $15 a month with no CONTRACT???

IF so, i would go this route and pay about $119.98 for 1400 MINUTES(500 more than the single plan!!!). and when ever i need to use the laptop i hook it up to the blackberry, and if anyone calls my BB while is being used as a MODEM, i could pickup any calls with my 2nd phone(the dumbphone) via Call forwarding.

Anybody out there Tethering and doing this? is this a good idea?

how is the Tethering with Verizon?
    How much is it?
    is it Quick to Start?
    is the Connection good?

please help, I only 13 days till the TOUR comes out!!!! i need to decide lol...
    06-30-09 02:12 AM
    I currently tether my pearl with my pc at home and dont get charged for it. I dont know right off hand the settings to make this happen and I also am on sprint. There are threads that can walk you through the tethering process so you can get around using verizon's software to tether. But also I dont know if you even can use the work around on verizon, but it doesnt hurt to search the threads. Goodl luck.
    06-30-09 02:42 PM
    How about this ?

Single plan:
    Cell Phone: $59.99(900min) voice plan + $29.99 BB email plan

And for tethering, use VirginMobile Broadband2Go (prepaid, no contract)
    Broadband2Go USB Device

The device costs $150 and the plans are not cheap, but you don't have to worry about call forwarding etc. I have never used this, and they started this service just this month.
    06-30-09 05:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD