I'm going to leave the country for a week and I am using my Tour Ive arranged my international service and found out that my data charge will be 2 cents per K. I have 3 email accts 1 for business 1 for personal business and 1 personal. I'd like to disable the 2 business emails for the week so that I am not charged for messages I wont care about during my week away. Is there a way to accomplish this?
    Thanks
    10-19-09 10:52 AM
    There is an option within the email management website for your carrier to not forward messages to the device.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-19-09 10:57 AM
    You can turn data off on the device itself. Note that this will disable all data.

Or you can go to your BIS, and go to the email address and click "Filters" and select "Do not Forward to device" under "When no filters apply".

Note that messages received while this is checked will NEVER be sent to the device.

Repeat as needed and change it back when you return.
    10-19-09 11:00 AM
    You can turn data off on the device itself. Note that this will disable all data.

Or you can go to your BIS, and go to the email address and click "Filters" and select "Do not Forward to device" under "When no filters apply".

Note that messages received while this is checked will NEVER be sent to the device.

Repeat as needed and change it back when you return.
    How do I turn off the data on the device?
    10-19-09 12:30 PM
    How do I turn off the data on the device?
    Options>Mobile Network>Data Services>(On/Off/Off When Roaming)
    10-19-09 12:48 PM
    Thanks Cafe, does this also disable things like Viigo and weatherberry etc.?
    10-19-09 12:52 PM
    I'm going to leave the country for a week and I am using my Tour Ive arranged my international service and found out that my data charge will be 2 cents per K. I have 3 email accts 1 for business 1 for personal business and 1 personal. I'd like to disable the 2 business emails for the week so that I am not charged for messages I wont care about during my week away. Is there a way to accomplish this?
    Thanks
    If you went with verizon's globsl plan you have unlimited data including email.

10-19-09 01:17 PM
    Thanks Cafe, does this also disable things like Viigo and weatherberry etc.?
    Yes, it disables ALL data usage.
    10-19-09 08:25 PM
    If you went with verizon's globsl plan you have unlimited data including email.

If i were to do that my bill would increase by $60 since this is a vacation I dont need the data. If I could just use the phone when I need it I should be fine, I'll just kill the data for the week.
    10-20-09 12:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD