if telus gets that so meaning that bell will going to get it too

check the link

MobileSyrup.com - Canadian Mobile News & Reviews - Cell phones and Accessories
    Last edited by Oilersboy; 05-01-09 at 08:54 AM.
    04-30-09 09:49 AM

check the link

Their source is CrackBerry. --> http://crackberry.com/telus-blackber...pears#comments
    04-30-09 10:09 AM
    I hope this is accurate. I was at a Telus store yesterday and asked about the next BB to be released. Store staff (who admittedly did NOT seem very well informed) told me that they weren't anticipating any new BB release until November.
    04-30-09 10:53 AM
    This is good, at least that means that the carriers are getting ready for it. Maybe a May release for Telus could happen...
    04-30-09 11:40 AM
    I met an employee from RIM today. This person had at least 4 blackberries. We were chatting and this person said there were some new BB coming out this summer. I told this person I have a storm but was a little frustrated with it and told them I was looking forward to getting the 9630. This person said "oh I have one of those".

I'll be meeting with them on Sunday, perhaps I'll be allowed to play with it.

Maybe we will see something this summer. Who knows, after all the carriers decide when to launch.

Just thought I'd pass along some info.
    Last edited by The_Finja; 04-30-09 at 03:00 PM.
    04-30-09 02:07 PM
    I really hope that is true.
    04-30-09 06:00 PM
    I hope so too! I'm having so much trouble with my Storm.
    04-30-09 08:03 PM
    3 weeks ago I did ask bell for that information about 9630 release and they told me they does not know when or confirm at all.
    04-30-09 08:45 PM
    Pretty sure Canadians will see it before anyone else.
    04-30-09 09:28 PM
    Pretty sure Canadians will see it before anyone else.
    I hope so because I don't think I can wait for the speculated release date in the states. I had a storm actually 4 of them in 1 month and it just didn't work for me so I bought a Pearl off ebay to tie me over as Telus is giving me a free data device and I just didnt want to get something that has been on the market for a while.

I had no problem naming my child but am struggling to name my new phone.
    05-01-09 08:08 AM
    [/COLOR]

check the link

Hey Oilersboy,

I've been posting for quite some time now that a Business CSR from Bell Mobility in Canada told me that she had heard a 'rumor' that the BlackBerry 9630 Niagara was going to be released By BELL sometime in JUNE !!

I would be willing to bet money that Bell Mobility will not only release it in June but will probably do so before Telus does.

- CB

(Too bad the Edmonton Oilers and the Toronto Maple Leafs did not make the NHL Playoffs this year, eh, but I digress?)
    Last edited by CarBob; 05-04-09 at 11:38 PM.
    05-01-09 11:30 PM
    TELUS gets dibs on it. They might even beat out Verizon. Quite possible.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-02-09 12:57 AM
    Still, officially, there is no official announcement by Bell internally that they're getting it. Right now the CSR's can only guess as to when/if they're going to come in. Usually, the announcment is made to the CSR floor 2 - 4 weeks before any new hardware launch.

But as soon as it is announced... I'm sure you all will be the first to see it here.

~Rori~
    05-04-09 01:59 PM
    Ymmv with reps. Totally depends on who you talk to and how informed they are. Most regular reps would care less if you knew about the new 9630. They would rather you buy an 8830 or curve as they are guaranteed commish that way.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-04-09 10:21 PM
    [/COLOR]

Hey Oilersboy,

I've been posting for quite some time now that a Business CSR for Bell Mobility in Canada told me that she had heard a 'rumor' that the BlackBerry 9630 Niagara was going to be released By BELL sometime in JUNE !!

I would be willing to bet money that Bell Mobility will not only release it in June but will probably do so before Telus does.

- CB

(Too bad the Edmonton Oilers and the Toronto Maple Leafs did not make the NHL Playoffs this year, eh, but I digress?
    yeah that's really too bad toronto and edmonton did not make it to playoffs , oh well wait and see next season !!!
    05-04-09 10:50 PM
    most likely that telus, bell reps does not know about when 9630 will be released so meaning that information about blackberry release date is under wraps and they will not tell public till the right time to announce it.
    05-04-09 10:54 PM
    Lol my uncle works at RIM. When I met him last weekend he told me he was soon going to a "top secret unreleased VIP phone" because he worked for RIM. I'm assuming he means the Niagara/Tour. He doesn't really know much about BBs as he's only been working there for a month or two.
    05-04-09 11:49 PM
    with how many employees work at Rim I Wonder how many pre-release devices are handed out. I know we would never get a answer but Id be interesting in seeing that figure.
    05-05-09 01:49 AM
    My co-worker spoke to Telus rep on the phone....was told the 9630 will come out in a month.
    05-07-09 05:14 PM
    it would be good to see it come out anywhere at this point...
    05-07-09 05:16 PM
    I met an employee from RIM today. This person had at least 4 blackberries. We were chatting and this person said there were some new BB coming out this summer. I told this person I have a storm but was a little frustrated with it and told them I was looking forward to getting the 9630. This person said "oh I have one of those".

I'll be meeting with them on Sunday, perhaps I'll be allowed to play with it.

Maybe we will see something this summer. Who knows, after all the carriers decide when to launch.

Just thought I'd pass along some info.
    So did you ever meet this dude with the blackberry's?
    05-08-09 02:58 PM
    went into a Telus store and the said that the accessories were in the system but had no idea when the phone itself would be out. In the same mall i went to the bell store and they said they did not have a specific date but what they did know FOR SURE (as in the GUARANTEE it) was that the phone would be out in July
    05-08-09 09:52 PM
    That's good to hear. I might have a new Tour this summer to enjoy.
    05-08-09 10:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD