I know some 9630 users have had their fair share of issues, but I was wondering if anyone here who purchased their 9630 through Telus had any problems. The reason being I'm planning to purchase mine from Telus and most of you seem to be from the US. Thank you...
    07-23-09 12:22 AM
    ... and all good so far!
    (I hope I didn't just jinx myself!)

Still getting used to several changes from 8330 with latest 4.5 OS.

Only real problem I have is the outgoing volume issue with Bluetooth already reported by others.
    3 people have told they had difficulty hearing me on my Bluetooth, but I could hear them fine.

Only BT volume issue on my end is that voice "sounds" (chirps, dialing tones, etc) are much, much louder than voice-dialing voice...

What city are you in, cardartist?
    07-23-09 12:39 AM
    My Telus Tour is made in Mexico and has a slight screen ripple when pressing on the convenience keys really hard. The battery door is tight and there are no trackball issues. Voice clarity is excellent.
    07-23-09 12:39 AM
    I have zero issues with my Telus Tour. This thing thinks more and faster than I can !!! Don't know if I have a screen ripple for it is something that is not meant to be push on so I don't.

Go get yourself one for they are the cats meow
    07-23-09 12:46 AM
    I have the slight screen ripple as well (doesn't bug me) and it doesn't seem to like my 4gb Sandisk microSD I pulled from my Pearl. Works just fine with the 1gb Samsung it came with. Battery door is tight.
    07-23-09 12:55 AM
    I'm interested in this as well, as I am hoping to pick mine up today!
    07-23-09 02:05 AM
    I was actually going to make a thread about the same thing! Winnipeg's sold out of the tours until next week! I cannot wait any longer!
    07-23-09 02:53 AM
    Love the phone, but had a couple problems with both of mine. My first one had a loose battery door, screen ripple, and the call quality was extremely muffled on both ends. Second one still has a loose screen door, screen ripple, call quality is perfect, but now my headphone jack only works when it wants to. I'd say you have a pretty good chance of getting a phone that works fine, but just be aware that there are some cruddy ones out there. Telus is great though. You'll have two weeks to return/exchange the phone in store no questions asked, and a month to exchange it for another one in store (which is what I'm now waiting to do, hopefully my store gets a good batch by then). Then if you still have problems, you have a year to have it sent off to get a refurb. So don't worry if your first phone has a few flaws, because it's really not too hard to exchange it for a new one.
    07-23-09 10:39 AM
    I've had mine since July 14th and it works perfectly!
    Only 2 complaints:
    1) The earpiece voice volume is low (lower compared to the 8330 Curve). Hopefully the next OS release addresses this issue.
    2) we didn't get the rubberized/carbon fibre battery door (though from all the Verizon complaints about the loose door this may be a good thing).

Go and grab a new Telus Tour ASAP -- You will not be disappointed!!!!!
    07-23-09 10:52 AM
    Thanks guys this is really helping out my decision on purchasing the tour vs waiting.

PS - i'm from toronto.
    07-23-09 12:41 PM
    I have the slight screen ripple as well (doesn't bug me) and it doesn't seem to like my 4gb Sandisk microSD I pulled from my Pearl. Works just fine with the 1gb Samsung it came with. Battery door is tight.
    I heard what you have to do is format the card while it's in the tour.. People said that solved their memory card probs. Obviously save the stuff from the card first
    07-23-09 12:44 PM
    Thanks for the great information! I read one of the reply about you have 2 weeks to return your phone and get your money back. Well I am sorry to say your WRONG. I went to Pacific Coastcom Communications Inc. (Vernon, BC) and I got a LG Dare and if I was having problems with it, so I went to the store a week later and those pricks wouldn't give me my money back. So my advise is when you go to get a phone from Telus ask them how long you have to bring the phone back. DON'T GET A PHONE FROM Pacific Coastcom Communications Inc. I would rather deal with Rogers before i got back to Pacific Coastcom Communications Inc.
    07-23-09 01:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD