For anyone North of the border, I can confirm that at least one Telus store currently has stock of the 9630. No, I'm not telling you which one lest you inundate them with telephone calls and yes, I saw them.

That being said, no idea what they're waiting on to release it.
    06-23-09 01:39 PM
    I give you 1 minute before someone comes on here flaming you for not posting a picture....
    06-23-09 01:51 PM
    Can you at least say which one?
    06-23-09 02:13 PM
    Can you at least say which one?

My bad, I noticed you were in Ontario. Sorry
    06-23-09 02:14 PM
    Maybe they have to stick to a street date.
    06-23-09 02:16 PM
    I give you 1 minute before someone comes on here flaming you for not posting a picture....
    pics or it didnt happen.
    but seriously, did you ask for a release date? if they have them in the store there is no reason that they cannot sell them. its not like they can update the os on a phone that is in the box.
    06-23-09 02:22 PM
    pics or it didnt happen.
    but seriously, did you ask for a release date? if they have them in the store there is no reason that they cannot sell them. its not like they can update the os on a phone that is in the box.
    Ok, I guess it didn't happen then. Thanks for busting me! Phew! I don't know what I would do without brainiacs like you around to out me for telling a big lie!

PP: Yes, I live in Ontario. I wonder if Bell is sitting on them, too.
    06-23-09 02:27 PM
    Ok, I guess it didn't happen then. Thanks for busting me! Phew! I don't know what I would do without brainiacs like you around to out me for telling a big lie!

i hope that you realized that it was a joke...
    06-23-09 02:31 PM

In or outside the GTA?
    06-23-09 02:34 PM
    i am envious of Canada at the moment. I need to ninja into the verizon stock rooms and see if we have the tour yet -_-

were the boxes all pretty and had like a ray of light shining on them?
    06-23-09 02:35 PM
    I guess it won't be long then before we see a "Tour in the box" pic on Crackberry/BGR.
    06-23-09 02:45 PM
    In or outside the GTA?
    Outside - suburb of Ottawa. But if we have them, there's no way TO doesn't.
    06-23-09 02:49 PM
    Well this is interesting news. CX must have been right, in some way, about that June 22nd date. They have them...what are they waiting for? If I were you Canadians, I would pester as much as possible
    06-23-09 02:52 PM
    Well this is interesting news. CX must have been right, in some way, about that June 22nd date. They have them...what are they waiting for? If I were you Canadians, I would pester as much as possible
    Waiting for Friday? (or thurs midnight)
    06-23-09 02:53 PM
    My sentiments exactly. If they're already in-store (bear in mind this is a Corporate store, which is privately owned), then there is no real reason why there would be a delay at this point.

As I posted about a week ago, the 9630 was in their systems last week (the actual device, not accessories)
    06-23-09 02:56 PM
    My sentiments exactly. If they're already in-store then there is no real reason why there would be a delay at this point.

As I posted about a week ago, the 9630 was in their systems last week (the actual device, not accessories)
    Exactly. They cannot change the hardware and I doubt they are going to pull a Storm and flash all the devices since the OS is supposed to be rock solid by now. Maybe they ARE waiting for that U2 Concert Tour to start? lol
    06-23-09 03:03 PM
    This is all VERY good news !!!

Thanks for the info smashface
    06-23-09 03:10 PM
    06-23-09 03:13 PM
    hey awesome freaking awesome!

thanks for sharing

that means that release either must be soon or.. you may have seen some more test units going around but I believe the latter
    06-23-09 03:15 PM
    Outside - suburb of Ottawa. But if we have them, there's no way TO doesn't.
    Damn. I would have guessed Kitchener and lost.
    06-23-09 03:17 PM
    Damn. I would have guessed Kitchener and lost.
    I confuse people with the K-Town thing. It's Kanata, not Kitchener
    06-23-09 03:38 PM
    I confuse people with the K-Town thing. It's Kanata, not Kitchener
    Once you said Ottawa, I figured it was Kanata, but I didn't want to be the one to say it.

I wonder if the 22nd was the delivery or order date for the stores? Allow a week or two for things to work themselves through the supply chain and July 15th is an easy target to hit. If not sooner.

I think a sign might be an ad campaign. If they are going to advertise this device, they would probably start it 1-2 weeks before you can buy it.
    Otherwise it will just show up one day soon.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-23-09 03:50 PM
    I'm sorry to spoil the party but this is completely false....

I actually work in a corporate store (which is not privately owned...hence "corporate") and there is no way they would send just one store these units and not to the rest. This device has not even been announced on our intranet site either and that always happens first. Also with no sku in the system (sku's for acc's and dummy's are there) for the actual device, there is no way a store can receive it into its inventory.

Because of your post, I've had non stop calls today about this.... Thanks.

06-23-09 04:03 PM
    That kanata store is actually pretty good,

Did you happen to see how many they had or know when they'd be able to sell it?

06-23-09 04:06 PM
    I'm sorry to spoil the party but this is completely false....

I actually work in a corporate store (which is not privately owned...hence "corporate") and there is no way they would send just one store these units and not to the rest. This device has not even been announced on our intranet site either and that always happens first. Also with no sku in the system (sku's for acc's and dummy's are there) for the actual device, there is no way a store can receive it into its inventory.

Because of your post, I've had non stop calls today about this.... Thanks.

No, it isn't false. If it was false, then I guess someone has a really, really intricate way of hacking into the computer system there, creating an identity for a device that does not exist, and then putting empty boxes that they made themselves in their stock room.

As for answering the phones, it's your job. If you are complaining about answering the phone, perhaps a change in vocation is due!
    06-23-09 04:08 PM
65 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD