hello i have a 2 month old verizon blackberry tour . this phone is unlocked to be used with att.so i was on it today an then my screen turned white an the words technical issue pleas return to place of purchase for repair came up. I called blackberry an they couldt help with out me paying 50 wich i think is sorta dum. they told me to contact verizon but i cant since they ask for a verizon phone number but im not useing their service an att cant help because its not their phone. So i was wondering if anyone on hear can help me with this problem. THANK YOU
    04-19-10 07:21 PM
    I think the only thing you can do is roll back to 4.7 then load sprints official 5.0.0.484...

Read this..

http://forums.crackberry.com/f141/te...-error-444965/
    Last edited by dave3825us; 04-19-10 at 07:32 PM.
    04-19-10 07:30 PM
    lots of times like myself, the phone is not even recognized on the computer after that white screen of death to downgrade. I had to get a replacement after that one
    04-19-10 07:38 PM
    dave's advice assumes you can roll back. A few users were unable to do so. If you can't, your device is still in warranty. I'd start by taking it back to a Verizon store, since they sold it originally.
    04-19-10 07:41 PM
    i took it back but once i said its unlocked the guy was just like i cant help u then... and im trying to go back to 4.7 but when i do it just says my phone has no software wats so ever on it to change. Im guessing the computer cant even read the phone now
    04-19-10 08:39 PM
    load desk top manager. Pull the batt out of your phone. Plug the phone into the usb cable and see if your pin shows up in dm..
    04-19-10 08:49 PM
    There is a how-to to wipe your device with BBSAK, sounds like it may be your only option. From there you should be able to load whatever OS version you please, or hybrid. I personally hate to resort to such drastic measures but it may be something you want to start reading up on.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-20-10 05:08 AM
    There is a how-to to wipe your device with BBSAK, sounds like it may be your only option. From there you should be able to load whatever OS version you please, or hybrid. I personally hate to resort to such drastic measures but it may be something you want to start reading up on.

even BBSAK wont help him. his phone is like mine was, toast. nothing will recognize it, not even BBSAK
    04-20-10 06:12 AM
    Some users have reported that they can reload OS 4.7. i had the same issue as mjbesen310 where nothing would recognize my device. i tried BBSAK to try to wipe, Desktop Manager using the restore a bricked BlackBerry guide. Nothing worked. Getting a replacement was the option then.

04-20-10 06:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD