View Poll Results: wat r u doin?!?!?!

Voters
123. You may not vote on this poll
  • gettin the storm2

8 6.50%
  • stickin wit' da tour

115 93.50%
    muffled calls, cheap build quality loose battery door, screen ripple and the TRACKBALL issues

done with it gonna sniff around VZW and grab a storm 2 when it drops!

who is wit' me?!?
    10-27-09 07:35 PM
    For those 5 "flaws" that you listed...some of which not everyone has and some of which have been fixed...the Storm 2 will ALSO have it's list of "flaws"...never fails...good luck! Follow the Golden rule...never switch carriers just for a device...

EricE
    10-27-09 07:48 PM
    muffled calls, cheap build quality loose battery door, screen ripple and the TRACKBALL issues

done with it gonna sniff around VZW and grab a storm 2 when it drops!

who is wit' me?!?
    Hope you are going to call in and say I hate the tour - I pay X-$ per month and should get a free early upgrade. Most likely will not happen.

If you get the S2 though let us know what you think.
    10-27-09 07:58 PM
    You know I feel you! I'm going in and sniff around tomorrow, too. I have the Tour now. I am on my second. I've heard the muffled call sometimes, battery door is loose, and I see the screen ripple, this time around no bad track ball. But my main reason is I was one of those people who was excited and at the store first thing for the first storm. And boy, mines was riddled with malfunction. I did not keep it. I exchanged for the curve back then. But obviously I really did want and like the Storm! So I can't help but to believe after all the drama behind that Storm, this one should be so much more on point. And yes I still do realize it can still have some issues. It's a piece of equipment. But if I really like it when I can put my hands on it. I'm getting one on upgrade. The Tour can be kept as a back up, change over, or sold it not hard. I've had many phones. Best of luck to you!
    Last edited by MSKRCOLES; 10-27-09 at 08:15 PM. Reason: correct misspellings/ Grammar
    10-27-09 08:12 PM
    sorry I am sticking with the tour.. not thrilled by another touch screen for me the tour works.
    10-27-09 08:29 PM
    sorry I am sticking with the tour.. not thrilled by another touch screen for me the tour works.
    Same here, sticking with the Tour. I wouldn't take a Storm even for free, but maybe its just me

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-27-09 08:36 PM
    Blackberry has yet to convince me on their touchscreen technology. It seems gimmicky.

Besides, the Tour is awesome.
    10-27-09 08:38 PM
    I honestly DO NOT find the votes surprising. I believe the 9530 was a horrible release and left a bad taste with BlackBerry users.
    10-27-09 09:18 PM
    For those 5 "flaws" that you listed...some of which not everyone has and some of which have been fixed...the Storm 2 will ALSO have it's list of "flaws"...never fails...good luck! Follow the Golden rule...never switch carriers just for a device...

EricE
    All the 'bugs' from the Tour have been worked out. It is the same with EVERY device. There were an incredible number of hardware/software problems when the Iphone came out. It all comes down to quality control. The phones are made overseas and some plant managers don't do their job and it is up to RIM, Apple ect to hold their feet to the fire.
    10-27-09 09:20 PM
    I bought the Storm on day 1, and after three replacements, gave it back and got the Tour. Love the tour, although I have heard callers complain that I sounded 'muffled' at times (a friend just got the Tour, and he sounds muffled ALL the time). The only thing I don't care much for on the Tour are the buttons on the keyboard. I love to text with one hand, and the slanted keys make it a little harder. I actually prefer the curve keyboard to the Tour's. But after owning all of the Blackberry's over the years, the Tour is still #1. If there's a fix for the muffled sound, I'd love to find it.
    10-27-09 09:24 PM
    Used a Storm for a day and switched to a Tour even with the Storm 2 coming out. Knock on wood but my Tour (10-03-09 build date) hasn't experienced any of the issues above, so I can vouch that Verizon/RIM have worked out the existing kinks. That said, the phone works as it should and it very stable. I'm happy with my purchase and will not be switching anytime soon.
    10-27-09 09:27 PM
    I bought the Storm on day 1, and after three replacements, gave it back and got the Tour. Love the tour, although I have heard callers complain that I sounded 'muffled' at times (a friend just got the Tour, and he sounds muffled ALL the time). The only thing I don't care much for on the Tour are the buttons on the keyboard. I love to text with one hand, and the slanted keys make it a little harder. I actually prefer the curve keyboard to the Tour's. But after owning all of the Blackberry's over the years, the Tour is still #1. If there's a fix for the muffled sound, I'd love to find it.
    While the technology and "coolness" seems to improve, I can't help to think that the build quality has diminished, and it's something we, as BlackBerry users, are going to have to deal with. I have had countless 8830s that are just ROCK SOLID, and never really fail me. Even Pearls or Curves. Hearing about people returning Storms and Tours 3-8 times is just absolutely crazy.
    10-27-09 09:27 PM
    after coming from two touch phones i love having a keyboard. it so easy. i do sometime miss ebing able to touch things on the screen but the keyboard def out weighs that. and i havnt had any of those problem yet.. knock on wood
    10-27-09 10:21 PM
    Sticking with my Tour..I LOVE my Tour..
    10-27-09 10:24 PM
    After having a Storm for 11 months and just getting a Tour last week there is no way in h*ll I'm going back to a touchscreen.
    10-27-09 10:44 PM
    Tour for the world!!
    10-27-09 10:55 PM
    Sticking with the tour, I think. I have no upgrade eligibility, so it's a fairly easy decision for me, given that I would have to pay full retail for the s2.
    10-27-09 10:59 PM
    +2...pretty much my first thoughts...not only cause im with sprint...im just over touch screen phones...plus i have a brand new verizon 9530 sitting in my home office...just not into touch screens,thats one reason why i switch to bb...

ps...didnt vote in the poll due to carrier issues...
    10-27-09 11:01 PM
    Another vote for the Tour... I just upgraded from a touch screen and won't be looking back to another.. even if it is a BB. Also no way will I pay out the b.u.t.t for switching to Verzion to get less of a package for more $$$. Yep, Love the Tour!!!
    10-27-09 11:43 PM
    I stay with the Tour. But I'm sure I'll go to a store and take a look at the s2

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-27-09 11:49 PM
    1) Verizon is too expensive
    2) No issues with my Tour
    3) Touchscreen keyboards suck, all of them...
    10-27-09 11:52 PM
    Sticking with Tour, getting a S1 just to try it out and to satisfy my curiosities.
    10-28-09 12:07 AM
    If I wanted a Touchscreen I'd get an iPhone....

The Tour is a solid and reliable device and I can get things done very quickly with it.

Storm(s) are too slow (as far as UI)

I have the need.........for speed : )
    10-28-09 12:22 AM
    Last time I check the original storm had rediculous flaws when it first came out...the only difference btw the S2 and Tour is wifi anyways. 5.0 will be official for the Tour soon enough. And out of every issue you mentioned I had only one problem and it was the trackball which Verizon swapped out phones for me hassle free. (I don't know of anyone who has had every flaw you mentioned to it's full potential, and if you did you probably would have gave up on bb) But the "cool phase" of a touch screen ended for me long ago. So I'm going to continue to Tour with the verizon dude!
    10-28-09 01:12 AM
    Last time I check the original storm had rediculous flaws when it first came out...the only difference btw the S2 and Tour is wifi anyways.
    Actually there are wayyy more differences than just that... From everything shown so far the S2 is quite snappy, but touchscreen keyboards suck.
    10-28-09 01:21 AM
59 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD