Since day one of my new Tour, I have not been able to send MMS messages to AT&T customers. Well, actually, I can send them, but they don't receive them. I've tested this with multiple people who have AT&T, and none of them receive my MMS messages. But, I receive theirs. I had someone else who had Verizon try and send them a message, and they received his MMS message.

I called Verizon, and they resent the service books. Didn't help. I called Verizon again, and I was escalated to Tier 2 support. All he did was tell me he was escalating me to the internal "Network dept.," and someone would call me back withing 5-7 business days (by Wednesday of next week). I went to the Verizon store for other issues with my Tour, and they said it was completely messed up, and they gave me a brand new one yesterday. But, MMS messaging to AT&T customers still not working.

Has anyone else had this problem? Have you been able to resolve it? I REALLY want to love my new Tour, but I have to admit that I miss my 8830 for so many reasons. I'd go back to it in a heartbeat if it wasn't dying a quick death. And, I'm not really interested in the other phones that Verizon has to offer.

So now, I'm test-driving an iPhone (I feel guilty just typing that! I feel like I'm cheating on my BB!!). Worried how the coverage will be, so I didn't end my Verizon contract just yet. Figured the best way to compare the two phones is to do a true side-by-side comparison. So, I'll be making lots of calls, and sending lots of messages in the next couple of weeks. I have two weeks left in my initial 30 days with the Tour; should be plenty of time to figure out which one I like better.

If I decide to stay with AT&T, I'll probably sell my Tour on eBay. Hoping it will cover the extra $50 I had to spend for the iPhone and also cover the $80 termination fee with Verizon (reduced ETF because I'm almost at the end of my contract).
    07-31-09 09:15 PM
    But with the IPhone you cant send MMS at all, so how did it help you???
    07-31-09 09:47 PM
    Well I have the same problem. but I'm with sprint. But I get a message back that the carrier has a file size limit. And it happens only with att people.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-31-09 09:50 PM
    Same thing happened to me I couldent send txt to att phones called verizon it took them 3 days to fix it but they did great customer service by big red

07-31-09 10:08 PM
    But with the IPhone you cant send MMS at all, so how did it help you???
    True, you can't send MMS with an iPhone, but per AT&T, that should be an option within the next month or two. But, the point is that I *do* have that option with a BB, so it should work. If it wasn't an option, I wouldn't complain that it wasn't working.
    08-01-09 11:26 AM
    Same thing happened to me I couldent send txt to att phones called verizon it took them 3 days to fix it but they did great customer service by big red

Do you know what they did? Just in case Verizon can't figure it out on my end, and I can maybe direct them to try whatever worked for you? I've asked the people at the store, and they had no idea what to do.
    08-01-09 11:27 AM
    No problems sending/receiving MMS to/from at&t on my tour, but I'm only able to send pictures. I haven't been able to send music, and I haven't tried videos, yet.

(It shouldn't make a difference, but the phone I was sending to was a motoQ9h.)
    08-01-09 02:59 PM
    I called Verizon today to find out what the problem was (they were supposed to call me back, but....). The rep said the notes on my account said that AT&T doesn't support the size of the picture attachments that I was sending. If I changed the picture size to medium or small, the AT&T customers received my MMS.

But, that doesn't explain why jasotastic was able to send MMS to AT&T phones without changing the picture size. Oh well. I just know I have to adjust the picture size if I'm going to send an MMS to someone who has AT&T.
    08-05-09 07:53 PM
    I call bs because I get videos from people via mms with no probs

08-05-09 08:28 PM
    What *specific* device are you sending TO (is receiving the MMS)? And yes, this is relevant.

Has anyone (Verizon tech support or otherwise) asked/confirmed that?
    08-05-09 09:56 PM
    i can't send to people with att either. Couldn't with my curve or tour. I just send them e-mails
    08-05-09 10:07 PM
    That's strange, I hope it gets worked out!
    08-05-09 10:07 PM
    drop all ur att friends? get a company that allows phones to function properly? my only way around it is emailing pics or vids to the att subscriber
    08-05-09 11:26 PM
    Inter-carrier MMS is iffy at best. I've NEVER had it work that great. I'm on T-Mobile right now, and I can rarely send MMS to anyone outside of other T-Mobile customers.

Email works everytime, though!

08-05-09 11:44 PM
    my att friend will not receive my large files but will indeed receive my medium or small ones.
    08-05-09 11:50 PM
    I am having the same issue. So from this thread it sounds as if the problem is on ATT side. That sucks. I guess I am going to have to get rid of my ATT friends. lol
    08-24-09 12:12 PM
    I have a good number of friends with AT&T and the only ones that I can't send MMS to are the ones with iPhones (obviously) and anyone else with a Blackberry. Two friends have an HTC Tilt and Fuze and both of them can recieve anything I send. The rest of my friends with AT&T that don't have an iPhone have regular LG's or Samsungs and even if it takes a full day to recieve they have always gotten them.
    My friends with BB's on AT&T (1 Bold and 2 curves). Never recieve my picture or video messages. They can get them from my Girlfriend that uses a Verizon LG phone though. Also I always get the picture or video all my AT&T friends send to me.
    Not everyone is living in the same states, so I am unsure if that has anything to do with the inconsistancy of sending and recieving certain types of messages.
    Pretty annoying though. I always just assumed it was AT&T's service fowling everything up. Never have any issues sending to friends on TMobile or Sprint.
    08-24-09 01:04 PM
    I can send SMS and MMS to ATT subscribers but I can't receive SMS from any of them. I've tried 4 different phones with Verizon and different people and phones on ATT with no luck. VZ says its ATT and ATT says its VZ. Where do I go from here?

08-24-09 01:10 PM
    I dont receive MMS from Verizon users and the Txt I always get them late, what is even worst if the fwd me a txt or mms I wont get them until weeks later.
    08-24-09 01:15 PM
    Oh yeah if I use my Verizon phone I have no problems I can send and receive to any carrier, maybe is an ATT problem??? maybe?
    08-24-09 01:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD