So i want to put an 8 gb card in my 9630 tour. I have backed up my data on desktop manager. Just want to be sure i can just turn off my phone and do the swap. Any thing else i need to do? Thoughts?
    03-09-10 03:03 PM
    Turn off the phone and swap the card. That's all you have to do.
    03-09-10 03:12 PM
    You can shut the phone no matter what at anytime. You do not need to back it up to shut it..
    03-09-10 03:12 PM
    Turn off the phone and swap the card. That's all you have to do.
    Jeff, I am curious, I have never shut down the phone, or any other phone while swapping an micro sd card. Is there something somewhere that says not to? Just wondering..
    03-09-10 03:13 PM
    Its usually bad practice to pull out any memory card while a device is running because if the card is being written to by the device, the data on it can become corrupted and unusable. Its happened to me with flash drives, never a blackberry tho.

You can remove a memory card while the blackberry is on. Just go to options, memory, hit menu, and select remove media card.
    03-09-10 03:38 PM
    So i want to put an 8 gb card in my 9630 tour. I have backed up my data on desktop manager. Just want to be sure i can just turn off my phone and do the swap. Any thing else i need to do? Thoughts?
    CAUTION:

Just to be sure, Desktop Manager (DM) does NOT backup data that is on the SD card. You either need to do that manually (copy folders/files to your computer and them copy back to new card) or maybe using the Roxio component of DM.
    03-09-10 07:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD