1. fobrob102's Avatar
    Hi I have a tour with verizon and was thinking of getting the HTC eris. Does anyone know if I can just transfer the sim card or do I actually have to call verizon and get a new plan? Thanks
    11-20-09 05:09 PM
  2. GG1's Avatar
    Im not 100% sure but the Eris i believe is cdma so is the Tour, so is Verizon.
    SIM card in the Tour is only for when traveling in Europe. And dont think the Eris has a SIM
    Anyone correct me if im wrong.
    11-20-09 05:16 PM
  3. noodle15's Avatar
    call *228 from the phone you want to activate, make sure the other phone is off. When you call *228 its prompt 3, asks for your # and last four of social.. All set
    11-20-09 05:18 PM
  4. fobrob102's Avatar
    oh sweet, thanks a lot!!!
    11-20-09 05:19 PM
  5. lastraid's Avatar
    GG1 is correct, Eris does not need a SOM card as it is not global device. Your current plan will work, as long as you are not a BB price plan. If you are then it will have to change,

    Hope you enjoy the Eris
    11-20-09 05:27 PM
  6. fobrob102's Avatar
    Thanks!!! Yeah, I have the BB price plan, so I'm gonna call verizon after i get my phone. Thanks again everyone!
    11-20-09 05:38 PM