Hey Crack Heads!

I currently have a leaked version of the 5.0 OS and I'd like to switch to a recently released official version. However, I am neither launching App Loader nor using DM will update my phone b/c it appears like I already have the OS on the phone.

Anyone know how to handle this???

Thanks!

-k
    01-22-10 12:32 PM
    I think that you have to install the new OS via one of the two way that you mentioned. You can delete leaked OS from Control Panel and install Official OS. Then launch AppLoader to make sure the official OS is installed.
    01-22-10 12:39 PM
    Why do you want to go to an official? Its not going to be any different than what was released. However, you will need to wipe your phone if your looking to put the same OS on your phone. No other way that I know how to do it if they are the same version OS.
    01-22-10 12:39 PM
    Funny, VZW has not offically released 5.0 for their Tour yet.
    01-22-10 12:43 PM
    @Justa - "delete leaked OS from Control Panel"? What is the control panel? You're not talking about on my computer, right?

@Flashman - b/c I do! Is there something wrong with wanting the official. Besides, my QL doesn't open my clock and I get that random black screen that I've heard about. IDK if the official will fix these problems but I'd like to try.
    Anyway, I was hoping I wouldn't have to wipe the device but that's the only other option I could think of.

Thanks guys
    01-22-10 12:44 PM
    Funny, VZW has not offically released 5.0 for their Tour yet.
    Ya - I know lol.
    I do believe that the only differences in the Offical releases are the vendor files... idk
    01-22-10 12:47 PM
    @Justa - "delete leaked OS from Control Panel"? What is the control panel? You're not talking about on my computer, right?
    If you installed the leak on your pc you need to go into add and remove programs and uninstall it. It show in there as an installed program.
    01-22-10 01:19 PM
    Ya - I know lol.
    I do believe that the only differences in the Offical releases are the vendor files... idk
    Most likely, but keep in mind, there might be certain VZW things that may not work right. Good luck
    01-22-10 01:28 PM
    Most likely, but keep in mind, there might be certain VZW things that may not work right. Good luck
    Yea... I'm thinking I may just wait for VZW to release. But, i'll still need to know how to do this for when it comes out
    01-22-10 01:44 PM
    If you installed the leak on your pc you need to go into add and remove programs and uninstall it. It show in there as an installed program.
    Hmmmm... ok. I'll try that and see. Thanks for the suggestion.
    01-22-10 01:45 PM
    Yea... I'm thinking I may just wait for VZW to release. But, i'll still need to know how to do this for when it comes out
    If you are going to load a new OS, backup your data via DM and then use BBSAK to wipe your Tour before loading your new OS. IMHO a "clean" install generally works best.
    01-22-10 01:53 PM
    If you are going to load a new OS, backup your data via DM and then use BBSAK to wipe your Tour before loading your new OS. IMHO a "clean" install generally works best.
    Yup - I'm the backup-queen!
    Ive never heard of BBSAK but I'll search for it and see what it's all about.
    Thanks for the advice
    01-22-10 02:02 PM
    Ya - I know lol.

Many have noted a significantly more stable radio signal lock using the Official v. the leak as using Beyond Compare does show that the difference between the leaked radio file and the official radio file, that the newer radio has been recoded

I personally used the Official with a particular hybrid and watched my battery go from 97% charge to dead and in the off position in under 3 hours.

I am a verizon user and can relate to the "what ifs" about verizon. really, you're not missing anything folks, unless you absolutely use vzw specific apps, deleting the xml file literally turns the install into a universal installation for ANY 9630 Tour.

BBSAK is good for backing up apps, but over at bbhybrids.net, at least available to the VIPs, there's a much better tool for the rest of the process.
    Last edited by helljack6; 01-22-10 at 03:29 PM. Reason: crazy fat fingerin' the keys!
    01-22-10 03:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD