i looked and didn't see a thread for this...i was curious and tried putting my storm battery in my tour, and had no problems. has anyone else tried this? is would there be any benefit? or because of the hardware diferences would the tour still drain the battery the same and keep the 5 hours of max talk time quoted from RIM? I sure like the idea of keepin my longer lasting storm battery lol
    07-13-09 04:14 AM
    I did this as soon as I got home from the store as my purchased battery didn't have much juice left in that one, so I swapped it with the fully charged one (DX1) from my Storm. I later switched them back, so the fresher one is in my Tour, but it worked fine!!!
    07-13-09 07:14 AM
    sweet! i was a little nervous about screwing with a brand new phone like that, but figured it was worth a shot. glad to know i'm not the only one ballsy enough to risk it lol
    07-13-09 01:57 PM
    My storm's battery life was horrible. The tour's is amazing. Why would you want to switch the battery?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-13-09 02:01 PM
    isnt the Storm battery more mAh?

07-13-09 02:01 PM
    They are the exact same batteries.

Just like the Curve and 8700 series ran the same batteries.
    07-13-09 02:04 PM
    Would a storm extended battery work in the tour?
    07-14-09 06:27 PM
    They are both IDENTICAL batts
    07-14-09 06:37 PM
    Nice to know I've got a free second battery then! Guess I was just a little paranoid about doin anything to screw up my new baby lol

07-14-09 07:59 PM
    I did this as soon as I got home from the store as my purchased battery didn't have much juice left in that one, so I swapped it with the fully charged one (DX1) from my Storm. I later switched them back, so the fresher one is in my Tour, but it worked fine!!!
    I did the same thing. Worked well with no problems. Battery life on my Tour has been very good.
    07-15-09 09:39 AM
    Would a storm extended battery work in the tour?
    It should work, but the back cover wont fit.
    07-15-09 09:59 AM
    My storm's battery life was horrible. The tour's is amazing. Why would you want to switch the battery?

because the battery life has more to do with the screen size etc

theyre identical batteries
    07-15-09 10:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD