I had been debating on swapping my Tour out for my loose bat door and screen ripple but none of it really bothered me until my dad got a Tour about a week after I did and his was perfect. So he suggested I go swap mine and that was enough to convince me. The sprint guys of course told me they are all like mine so I told them I have seen a good one with no issues. They swapped it and of course the new one is similar only it has smaller ripples and the door isn't quite as loose as my old one. I use the poster tape fix so the door doesn't bother me and the ripple isn't all that bad either I guess but I hate to swap again. At least I got an extra holster, charger and cable. Anyone else just settling for minor issues? I just don't want to swap again and get a bad trackball or cam.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-11-09 01:00 PM
    I just don't want to swap again and get a bad trackball or cam.
    I hear ya on this...doing my exchange this weekend. We'll see what happens...
    08-11-09 01:06 PM
    I know they will give you a battery door. For the screen ripple its an os prob.they will say it will be in the next update. Its a memory thing

08-11-09 03:57 PM
    The Tours being received now are 100x better than the originals and I think alot of ppl can stand behind that. I just changed mine out and my new one is flawlesss. It made my experience of the phone 10000x better so id say do it
    08-11-09 04:26 PM
    I got my when it first came out with no probs

08-11-09 04:28 PM
    Mine has had no problems from the beginning.

08-11-09 04:31 PM
    My only problem was battery door and they gave me a new one to fix that.
    08-11-09 04:34 PM
    At least I got an extra holster, charger and cable.
    Wow, they let you keep the holster, charger and cable when you replaced? Hahaha. They shouldn't have! Lucky you.
    08-11-09 04:41 PM
    I had been debating on swapping my Tour out for my loose bat door and screen ripple but none of it really bothered me until my dad got a Tour about a week after I did and his was perfect. So he suggested I go swap mine and that was enough to convince me. The sprint guys of course told me they are all like mine so I told them I have seen a good one with no issues. They swapped it and of course the new one is similar only it has smaller ripples and the door isn't quite as loose as my old one. I use the poster tape fix so the door doesn't bother me and the ripple isn't all that bad either I guess but I hate to swap again. At least I got an extra holster, charger and cable. Anyone else just settling for minor issues? I just don't want to swap again and get a bad trackball or cam.

I didn't have the loose door or the screen ripple. I had a phone that was constantly restarting by itself. I got my replacement last Monday. This one, has a loose door, and screen ripple. But it doesn't do random restarts. I have a silicon case on my phone, so the loose door isn't a big deal. The screen ripple hasn't been a big annoyance. So I think I'm going to stick to this one instead of trying to get another exchange.
    08-11-09 04:54 PM
    I swapped mine today because the indicator light stopped working. I also had the loose battery door but didnt mind much because my silicon case covered that flaw. I was sooo hesitant to swap it but I am so glad I did. Now I have a working indicator light, a snug battery door, still no screen ripple, and all the extra stuff. I too got the extra holster, battery door, memory card, chargers, and stuff.
    08-11-09 05:50 PM
    I got my when it first came out with no probs

Ditto! Although the battery door gives a little :-)

08-11-09 05:59 PM
    I had to swap mine out because the track ball stopped moving to the right. It would only go up, down and left.
    08-11-09 06:03 PM
    The ripple is a software issue you say? That's crazy because it really looks like it would be something to do with the hardware? Are you sure? Because that ripple only appears when there is some pressure against the screen. I find it hard to believe that memory would cause this, just doesn't add up.

Anyway, the phone is way too cool to get stuck on a small ripple that goes away when I turn the screen brightness down anyway.

I forgot to mention I like the top row of buttons and my track ball on this new phone much better. The trackball seems to have less resistance when I click it and the other buttons in that row have more resistance.
    08-11-09 06:37 PM
    Well, I had to exchange my Tour today..I ordered mine when they first were available and had no issues, except for the past couple of days the trackball would stick/lag...Well yesterday the trackball got stuck in the upper rt corner
    and would not move from there..It would move left, right and up but not down..Did a battery pull worked for a little bit and froze again...Exchanged the Tour for another and it works great so far..This one was unlocked already and boots up alot faster than my previous Tour...Hopefully this will be a keeper....
    08-11-09 08:03 PM
    My replacement is on the way! I'll have it tomorrow night. I'll let you guys know if I myself experience any changes.
    08-11-09 08:14 PM
    Generally the Tour is what the claims say, except the trackball on mine has been "funky" since day one, and occasionally my Tour thinks it is on the Verizon Network. This happens when I am in my home town, not when I'm wandering. I brought it back to my Corporate Store, which until now has been wonderful, and they played with it for about an hour and gave it back to me , saying " looks fine to us." After calling customer service and telling the story to about 5 reps, they are going to send me a replacement. I'll see how that goes. So far, I am not happy.
    08-11-09 08:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD