So I got my Tour at BestBuy. I swapped it out for another one today. The vibrate feature was incredibly week. At work I really cant have a ringer, and I have been missing every call except for when I was actually looking at the phone when the call came threw. I was in a rush when I got the new Tour and thought it seemed to have a stronger vibrate. Well its just as bad. I was in a corporate Verizon store on Monday and the display model was considerably stronger than my Tour. The sales associate even agreed with me. So I know some Tours definatly have a stronger vibrate. To top it off the new one I got has the back cover problem and the trackball dose not like to scroll up. Feeling kinda stupid. I got the same problem plus 2 new ones. Now BestBuy said that I can only swap it out once. Is there a way I can get a Verizon store to swap it out?

Thanks
    07-15-09 12:49 AM
    or call customer service and have them send you a new one and then they will have you send back the one you have now. I went through 3 curves the first week the 8330's came out. Luckily this first tour is perfect. (so far)
    07-15-09 12:52 AM
    The vibration feature on all BlackBerry's is notoriously weak. If there are legitimate problems with the trackball and back cover, which I'm sure there are (lots of reports similar to this), Best Buy has to swap it out. If they don't, just call RIM, as you have a 1 year warranty automatically with the phone.
    07-15-09 12:53 AM
    I had the curve for 3 weeks before I returned it so I could get the Tour. The vibration was sooo much better than what I have been experiencing with the Tour. I have read on the forum hear that people have gotten Tours with stronger vibration than their curves. Maybe I should go to a different BestBuy? Im thinking they might have a different batch without the problems im experiencing. I really like the phone other than these small problems.
    07-15-09 01:25 AM
    The vib on my first Tour rocked, the 2nd's ok, but no leg humper like the first one. If anything, I may have VZW ship me another one so I can test it out in the comfort of my own home. PITA to do this stuff @ a Verizon store unless you somehow get someone as discerning as yourself. In my experience, most reps/techs could give a ... about you or your phone.
    07-15-09 02:42 AM
    Just noticed that the headphone jack doesn't work right. I have to play around with it till its in a specific position for it to work. I really hope if i switch it out a second time it will be the last time.
    07-15-09 11:15 AM
    The vibration feature on all BlackBerry's is notoriously weak. If there are legitimate problems with the trackball and back cover, which I'm sure there are (lots of reports similar to this), Best Buy has to swap it out. If they don't, just call RIM, as you have a 1 year warranty automatically with the phone.
    Not sure what berries you had but the curves is really strong. You can hear it vibe when even holding it.
    07-15-09 11:20 AM
    As far as the vibration, my Tour is about the same as my Storm and Curve. I think the Storm may have been a bit stronger but I have no problem at all telling when the Tour vibrating.
    The thing I actually like better is that on the Curve I could hear the vibrating more than I would have liked. With the Tour I can feel the vibrating just as much as the Curve but I can't hear it as well. Personally I like that much better.
    07-15-09 11:31 AM
    My second Tour has a very strong vibrate compared to my first one. Either way, I think I am getting another Tour tonight because of the screen ripple when I click the trackball. God, I hate having to change my PIN!
    07-15-09 01:01 PM
    Ok so im on my third Tour. The trackball, headphone jack, and ripple problems are gone. Back cover is a little loose but it dosnt bother me. Best thing is i can finally feel it vibrating. Haven't missed a call cuz it was in my pocket yet. I even had it two and a half feet away on a pillow and heard a text come in. Definitely happy I swapped for the third one. Went to a corparite store and I was told that she couldn't open more than one. So I wouldn't be able to check before hand that it didn't have any defects. Then she told me that I cant even return it using the manufacture warranty because they don't have any refurbished Tours yet. Went to a different BestBuy then I originally purchased my Tour at. The associate opened every Tour they had to find one with a stronger vib and no other defects. Definitely got treated right at BestBuy
    07-15-09 11:06 PM
    Just noticed that the headphone jack doesn't work right. I have to play around with it till its in a specific position for it to work. I really hope if i switch it out a second time it will be the last time.
    FYI, I'm having the same issues with the headphone jack. The level of problem seems to vary depending on what headphone device I use - the adapter I use for my bookshelf stereo works flawlessly with no issues, the BB headphones that came with the phone occasionally need to be wiggled due to connection problems, and lastly, the Monster FM transmitter I use in my truck is almost completely non-functional...any movement of the phone causes a disconnect with the jack. Unfortunately, I think I'm looking at a return/replace phone scenario...
    07-17-09 09:48 AM
    The associate opened every Tour they had to find one with a stronger vib and no other defects. Definitely got treated right at BestBuy
    Wow, how long did that take? I got mine through a Storm swap, so I'd have to go to a VZW store and they're not very nice here in the valley about that kind of thing. It's like I'm asking the WORLD of them to get a phone wo/ flaws. Anyone in the PHX know of a good VZW shop?
    07-17-09 02:45 PM
    Wow, how long did that take? I got mine through a Storm swap, so I'd have to go to a VZW store and they're not very nice here in the valley about that kind of thing. It's like I'm asking the WORLD of them to get a phone wo/ flaws. Anyone in the PHX know of a good VZW shop?
    I'm gonna go to the Bell Road/7th St. Verizon store to try to swap mine out tonight. The trackball issue is getting worse each day. Other than that my phone has been perfect and I'm just afraid I'm going to exchange it for a different one and get a different problem.

I'll let you know how they are there...
    07-17-09 02:55 PM
    Thanks, I originally got mine @ the Ahwatukee store on 54th and Ray. The associate checked a few boxes and they all had loose battery covers. Then I noticed some sort of white dot that wouldn't scratch off on the camera lense and even though he couldn't get it off either, gave me a hassle about getting another.

Then I went to the AZ Mill store and the associate told me she'd charge me a restocking fee for the battery cover issue! After involving a manager I got that resolved, but now this one has severe screen ripple and a weaker vibrate.

I know I'm being picky, but after the Storm debacle, I'd really like a device w/ a tight battery cover, good vibrate, and no screen ripple. Is that really too much to ask?
    07-17-09 07:01 PM
    Not sure what berries you had but the curves is really strong. You can hear it vibe when even holding it.
    couldn't get my gf to stop riding it!
    07-17-09 07:04 PM
    Ok, so I went to the Bell and 7th St. Verizon store and asked them about the trackball issue. The guy i spoke with (Chad) was pretty nice, he had one himself and loves his. He did notice the trackball issue from left>right and he almost immediately knew how to fix it. He got out an alcohol swab pad and rubbed the trackball for a minute or two. He indicated it probably had some adhesive or other stuff on it during packing.

So far, it is working perfectly!!
    07-17-09 07:41 PM
    Ok, so I went to the Bell and 7th St. Verizon store and asked them about the trackball issue. The guy i spoke with (Chad) was pretty nice, he had one himself and loves his. He did notice the trackball issue from left>right and he almost immediately knew how to fix it. He got out an alcohol swab pad and rubbed the trackball for a minute or two. He indicated it probably had some adhesive or other stuff on it during packing.

So far, it is working perfectly!!
    Perhaps this is the fix we've all been waiting for? Anyone else able to try this one out?
    07-17-09 07:49 PM
    Ok so im on my third Tour. The trackball, headphone jack, and ripple problems are gone. Back cover is a little loose but it dosnt bother me. Best thing is i can finally feel it vibrating. Haven't missed a call cuz it was in my pocket yet. I even had it two and a half feet away on a pillow and heard a text come in. Definitely happy I swapped for the third one. Went to a corparite store and I was told that she couldn't open more than one. So I wouldn't be able to check before hand that it didn't have any defects. Then she told me that I cant even return it using the manufacture warranty because they don't have any refurbished Tours yet. Went to a different BestBuy then I originally purchased my Tour at. The associate opened every Tour they had to find one with a stronger vib and no other defects. Definitely got treated right at BestBuy
    omg, you made them open every tour....a little compulsive wouldnt u say
    07-17-09 08:05 PM
    Thanks, I originally got mine @ the Ahwatukee store on 54th and Ray. The associate checked a few boxes and they all had loose battery covers. Then I noticed some sort of white dot that wouldn't scratch off on the camera lense and even though he couldn't get it off either, gave me a hassle about getting another.

Then I went to the AZ Mill store and the associate told me she'd charge me a restocking fee for the battery cover issue! After involving a manager I got that resolved, but now this one has severe screen ripple and a weaker vibrate.

I know I'm being picky, but after the Storm debacle, I'd really like a device w/ a tight battery cover, good vibrate, and no screen ripple. Is that really too much to ask?
    yes, because, maybe just maybe all of them are like that. Seriously i think all this stuff about screen ripple and battery door is a bit ridiculous
    07-17-09 08:09 PM
    Honestly, the loose battery door drove me nuts. The screen ripple's an annoyance.

1st Tour: No screen ripple, loose battery door, strong vib
    2nd Tour: Screen ripple, tight battery door, weaker vib

There's definitely some inconsistency and quality control issues going on and if I'm going to extend my upgrade 20 months, I'd like to have a quality handset.
    07-17-09 08:17 PM
    omg, you made them open every tour....a little compulsive wouldnt u say
    haha their wasn't that many. Only had 3 left. I'm glad they did open them, haven't missed a call because it was in my pocket since I got the third phone.
    07-18-09 12:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD