I was a part of a small company business plan and paid my monthly part for the bill. Well, they were not paying their part and the account got suspended. I literally just purchased a tour and now i cant use it. Is there a way to get it unlocked. I want to get my own plan and use my tour. Any suggestions?
    01-11-10 12:58 PM
    Were you the primary account holder? If not, you should be ok and just sign up for another account. Maybe some Sprint reps can chime in here.
    01-11-10 01:18 PM
    No my name wasnt even listed on the account. But the phone was on the corporate account
    01-11-10 01:21 PM
    No my name wasnt even listed on the account. But the phone was on the corporate account
    Then you are SOL, unless the company will release the device for you on an Assumption of Liability (AOL). But if there is a past due balance, they may not allow this.

Good luck.
    01-11-10 03:43 PM
    if there is a past due balance you cannot get it off the account. when an account soes into "suspended for non payment" any spending limits or anything go out the window. and so does the ability for us to do an ESN swap.the ENTIRE due amount must be payed and/or some kind of payment arrangement has to be made with Acct Services for you to get your phone off the account. unfortunately thats how it works
    01-11-10 11:11 PM
    So now I have a brand new tour that I can't do anything with? What if I go to a different service provider, would that change anything?
    01-12-10 12:56 PM
    The PIN has to be released for the existing provider before you can use it with a different provider. You also have to unlock the phone so you can use it with a different provider.
    01-12-10 01:02 PM
    oh ok, I can live without my tour... i think. but what if I want my number? I love sprint so I don't want to leave, but I really want to keep my old number.
    01-12-10 01:19 PM
    unfortunately, the account must be brought back up to current status in order for any changes to be made. this includes moving your device or your phone number to another account. since you're not the account holder, you would also have to have the company's authorized account holder make the changes for you.

if it's very important to you that you get your phone and your number, you could submit payment for the account yourself, and try to get the money back out of the company after that.
    01-12-10 01:40 PM
    ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! ok. thanks for your help. it is much appreciated
    01-12-10 01:45 PM
    unfortunately, the account must be brought back up to current status in order for any changes to be made. this includes moving your device or your phone number to another account. since you're not the account holder, you would also have to have the company's authorized account holder make the changes for you.

if it's very important to you that you get your phone and your number, you could submit payment for the account yourself, and try to get the money back out of the company after that.
    +1

Return the tour if you didn't get it 2nd hand and just get your own line.

was this a personal or work issued phone?
    01-12-10 04:19 PM
    it was a work issued phone, but i purchased the upgrade
    01-12-10 05:03 PM
    return it and hope they will do that for you. You can try to get an account on your own through Sprint but you will have to take a new phone number. Since the account is not paid in full they will not let that phone number be on a different account. I know you want to keep your current number but changing it is just a small inconvenience. Good luck
    You might want to call their customer care and ask to speak to a supervisor. Explain you bought the upgrade and the entire situation. Hope they will help you out. If not then am sure Big Red will gladly give you an account but you will have to get another device, can't take that Tour to their network.
    01-12-10 06:13 PM
    You could always get the company to pay their part. Maybe if they are going to lose that benefit they could at least bring it current so you and others could get the phone under your own name.
    01-12-10 06:57 PM
    It's gotta be a a pretty small company for them to be making their employees pay for work phones to conduct business (unless they get reimbursed). Just imagine if a few people employees didn't pay or someone upright and quit mid billing cycle.

I say if it's a work phone, no biggie... A personal phone, then it would be a different story.
    01-13-10 12:56 AM
    Who uses their own funds to upgrade a company phone?
    That's just odd....

If anything, the company should be upgrading it...not you.
    But given the outcome and the way things stand currently, I can see why you may have taken the plunge.

Dm
    01-13-10 12:17 PM
    yea it is a pretty small company, its just annyoing that I bought the phone 3 WEEKS ago and now i cant use it
    01-13-10 12:41 PM
    I feel for ya man.
    I always roll solo if possible when it comes to things.
    I mean, you're still a part of the company if you pay your own way for your own stuff. Just less hassle if the ship should go down.

Meh, most people call me a selfish untrusting jackhole....I just say that it's better to be prepared than surprised.

Dm
    01-13-10 01:07 PM
    yea thats true. Now I have my own plan with sprint, found a tour through amazon for $50!!! cant complain too much
    01-13-10 02:52 PM
    if you just bought it take it back to the store for a refund, if the don't except it and you bought with your credit card leave the device with a manager and call your credit card company to reverse the charges
    01-13-10 03:07 PM
    Just go to the Sprint store directly and ask them, I am sure they can assist you
    01-13-10 03:08 PM
    I dont understand why he has to get a new phone. Can't he just go to a third party to get the phone unlocked, and then open a new account at sprint and use it.. How does Sprint know that he didnt sell the phone to someone and they used it on there new account?
    01-13-10 03:26 PM
    No. He can do that. Not on Sprint.

CDMA carriers will block the ESN of devices on suspended accounts.

He probably could unlock it and use the GSM side, however.
    01-13-10 04:54 PM
    I dont understand why he has to get a new phone. Can't he just go to a third party to get the phone unlocked, and then open a new account at sprint and use it.. How does Sprint know that he didnt sell the phone to someone and they used it on there new account?
    Each phone has an ESN (electronic serial number) and Sprint will only activate ESNs that were originally registered in their system as Sprint supplied phones. While an ESN is in use on an account with an outstanding balance then that phone cannot be reactivated on another account.

Equally, VZ won't activate a Sprint phone regardless of payment status.
    01-13-10 08:33 PM
    in case anyone is wondering here is what happened when I got my new line... they BOUGHT back the phone for $100, I also got a $50 credit to my account and once I get the $100 rebate back, all i paid for my brand new tour was taxes
    01-14-10 11:38 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD