Does the Tour support files in wav format for ringtones?

I took several mp3, edited them and could only save them as wav files. Uploaded them to the Tour and they won't play
    09-12-09 11:18 AM
    need to be mp3
    09-12-09 12:25 PM
    darn

was hoping to edit some of the long ring tones to my favorite parts, but the free program I downloaded only allows you to save it with the wav format type.

need to be mp3
    09-12-09 12:37 PM
    downloaded Audacity and it works.
    09-12-09 12:59 PM
    Thought I had fixed the problem, but even after saving them to mp3 format, when I try to select it as the ringtone, the red light on the device just continues to blink. Then before changing it to something else, it indicates Invalid Ringtone; suggestions?
    And my other mp3 ringtones I previously downloaded now have the same problem; seems the only ones working are the ones that came preloaded; suggestions?
    09-12-09 02:07 PM
    Blackberries can use .wav .mp3 or midi files for ringtones.....
    09-12-09 03:38 PM
    place your files on the sd card under blackberry/ringtones....then you can assign as needed. Try a battery pull.
    09-12-09 03:39 PM
    Hmmm, everything was working again late yesterday; realized now I just had a missed call as my ringtone was set to one of them I copied on the SD card under the ringtones folder. Anything that would cause a hiccup with them or cause them to not be recognized as a valid ringtone while they just worked yesterday?
    09-13-09 10:08 AM
    Make sure you follow the directions to be able to save your tones as an MP3 with Audacity. There is a small file that usually has to be downloaded and it will tell you what it is when you try to save as such. Just follow the instructions and it will work fine.
    09-13-09 10:17 AM
    I have heard some phones need them on the phone itself not on the card. Although mine work fine on the card. Unless plugged into a pc.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-13-09 11:10 AM
    Mine work from the SD Card
    09-13-09 04:43 PM
    I have heard some phones need them on the phone itself not on the card. Although mine work fine on the card. Unless plugged into a pc.

Yeah, I'm one of the ones who has better luck with their ringtones saved to the phone itself and not the memory card. I was getting random "Invalid Ringtone" errors (even with CB ringtones) until I moved them all to the device. Now everything works perfectly.
    09-13-09 04:46 PM
    I have downloaded all my ring tones from Myxer - Download Ringtones and More and you can edit them and even edit the sound level to your preference

09-14-09 01:47 AM
    mine work from sd card if not plugged into comp
    09-14-09 03:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD