Anyone get this app working on their tour yet?
    07-19-09 12:55 PM
    App itself installs and loads for me, but fails to connect saying it cannot contact Sugarsync's servers or something like that.
    07-19-09 01:49 PM
    I installed the app and got the same problem. I contacted their tech support and they suggested checking the APN settings. My APN settings are the same as they suggest for Verizon. I responded to their tech support but have not gotten a response. I would like to try SugarSync on my Blackberry, this is potentially a very useful application.

Any other users have any luck?
    07-19-09 02:16 PM
    I'm having the same problem on my Verizon Tour as well.
    07-19-09 04:51 PM
    same problem here. This may sound dumb but what do the APNs do? Firewall of some sort?
    07-20-09 02:40 PM
    I don't know what the APNs do, but here is the link the SugarSync support email sent me: http://support.sugarsync.com/ics/sup...questionID=992
    07-20-09 02:56 PM
    I got the following response from the SugarSync support:

Unfortunately, the BlackBerry Tour currently has a bug that restricts most internet-dependent applications.* We have filed this bug with Verizon, so they should be aware of it and fix it soon.*Please look for an update from Verizon.

I don't know what bug they are referring to but hopefully this means it will be fixed soon

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-21-09 11:40 AM
    I was told by a SugarSync rep that they are working on it and should have it fixed in the next couple of days. They said that they would let me know........
    07-21-09 01:11 PM
    I got this email from SugarSync support:

We are pleased to report that we managed to workaround a bug in the device firmware. The fix is available immediately in version 1.0.1 and available via the link in m.sugarsync.com.

I downloaded it and it worked fine on my Tour!
    07-21-09 09:45 PM
    Downloading it now! I hope it works!
    07-21-09 10:45 PM
    Do I have to set my carrier APN or does it work on blackberry.net?

Let me know..

Thanks
    Last edited by foobar; 07-24-09 at 04:47 PM.
    07-22-09 03:47 PM
    Okay I got the app running on my Tour but none of my files are in the folders. When I looked on my pc all of them say "pending upload"

Anyone know how to fix this?
    07-22-09 05:32 PM
    i can't get sugarsync to work on my tour. posted support request on 7/27, no reply yet. i can't get past the login screen. they tell me to set my APN, but it's set correctly. is it b/c i'm on BES maybe?
    07-29-09 05:03 PM
    Get the version from m.sugarsync.com - not app world. You need version 1.0.1, not 1.0.0. The updated version fixes the problem and works fine on my Tour.
    07-29-09 05:08 PM
    i actually started with 1.0.1, there is now a 1.0.2, neither work for me for some reason. even did an uninstall/reinstall.
    07-29-09 05:18 PM
    Just installed 1.0.2 from m.sugarsync.com. Its working fine for me now.
    07-29-09 05:22 PM
    Any way for sugarsync to actually use the SD card. I found nothing on their website regarding this. Guess I will hit up their support also.
    07-29-09 07:52 PM
    just wondering if anyone on verizon and connected to a *BES* has gotten this to work? i've tried to reinstall v1.0.2 several times and have not been able to get it to work on my Tour. i had the same problem with Evernote until they allowed for Direct/APN connections. seems the apps get confused when you're on BES and try to go through MDS?

technical support has been less than helpful ... been waiting for 2 weeks and still no word. at least i'm still in my trial period and not paying for the service!

anyway, if anyone with similar configuration to me could confirm that sugarsync does or does not work, i'd appreciate it.
    08-10-09 03:26 PM
    Just installed this (Sprint Tour) it is GREAT! I have a few large Excel sheets and really needed a way to access/edit them from my BB and laptop. This makes it easy.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-24-09 04:29 PM
    Can anyone comment on the difference between SugarSync and Windows Live Mesh? I've never used any apps like this, but I'd like to have access to some files on my computer: specifically some digital books through my Logos program. I'm wondering if this will work for me.

I'd be glad to have access to some files, too, of course. So which one of these apps is best configured to do this?

besiderself
    08-27-09 08:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD