My wife and I have a tour and I just downloaded the leaked version of .53 OS and it installed to the computer just fine. I have my phone connected to the usb cable and not sure what to do now to update it? I know that's probably the dumbest question in a while, but any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
    09-20-09 02:51 PM
    09-20-09 02:54 PM
    I must be an *****, because I read that tutuorial and still can't get it to work. Any other help?
    09-20-09 04:51 PM
    Sorry, just to clarify, I've downloaded the os software, and installed it on my pc, I've got desktop manager version 4.6 and when I connect my tour to the computer, it recognizes it just fine, but when I go to the application loader it doesn't show the update in there. Do I need to download a newer version of the desktop manager or what?
    09-20-09 06:23 PM
    I'm no expert when it comes to desktop manager. But if you're running 4.6 I'm pretty sure you are going to need to update to install the os

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-20-09 06:39 PM
    My wife and I have a tour and I just downloaded the leaked version of .53 OS and it installed to the computer just fine. I have my phone connected to the usb cable and not sure what to do now to update it? I know that's probably the dumbest question in a while, but any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
    if you have it downloaded to your computer already, did you click on the link and RUN the OS on the computer after it was downloaded?

if you did, you should be able to just plug in the phone and open up desktop manager. The desktop manager checks for updates automatically so it would pick up the .53 right away and tell you about it and download it.

if its not doing that, I know your running an old version of Desktop manager you might have to upgrade it to the 5.0 desktop manager, but I cant see why it would matter though that ur running an older version, it should still pick it up though.
    09-20-09 06:43 PM
    Go to c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader and delete the file named "vendor.xml. Then, in the same directory, double click on "Loader.exe."...It will install..

ALB
    09-20-09 07:09 PM
    I updated my desktop manager and all is well now, got .53 running on my wife and I's tours. Runs great by the way!
    09-20-09 10:21 PM
    First of, no question is a dumb question! Second, I am glad to hear you got it working! Third, this site and ppl like the ones above who helped you out are one of the many reasons I love blackberry. I have learned more in the past month listening to the ppl on this site than I could have ever imagined. Kudos to the crackberry account users
    09-20-09 10:25 PM
    I'm having the same problem. I've installed the OS upgrade but my Tour will not see it. I'm running DM 5. I've un-installed OS 5 and re-installed it several times. I've restarted my computer, un-installed OS version 4.7 from my computer and my Tour still will not see the upgrade. Any help is greatly appreciated.
    09-23-09 10:08 AM
    2 key things to do

1- delete the vendor file

2- DISCONNECT from the internet.

09-23-09 10:11 AM
    2 key things to do

1- delete the vendor file

2- DISCONNECT from the internet.

Just did the above for 5.0 and uninstalled .53 and cannot get the desktop manager to recognize 5.0 for some reason... ???
    09-23-09 10:25 AM
    09-23-09 12:51 PM
    I finally got OS 5.0 installed, I used the apploader instead of the DM, went much easier, not quite as easy as a rom flash on the windows phones, but I'm figuring things out anyway.

Mine works fine with DM 5.
    09-23-09 02:03 PM
    I finally got OS 5.0 installed, I used the apploader instead of the DM, went much easier, not quite as easy as a rom flash on the windows phones, but I'm figuring things out anyway.

Mine works fine with DM 5.

How do you used the apploader? Because I think I've tried that, but I want to make 100% sure.
    09-23-09 02:07 PM
    How do you used the apploader? Because I think I've tried that, but I want to make 100% sure.
    Go to c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader and delete the file named "vendor.xml. Then, in the same directory, double click on "Loader.exe."...It will install..
    09-23-09 11:15 PM
    ok i can NOT find where or how to download the OS for my BB tour ... this is killing me. can anyone help me with a link to actually download the OS .. i tried verizon wireless and searched and searched and i can not find it .. anyone?
    09-24-09 08:23 AM
    ok i can NOT find where or how to download the OS for my BB tour ... this is killing me. can anyone help me with a link to actually download the OS .. i tried verizon wireless and searched and searched and i can not find it .. anyone?
    Try this link, it may still be up

RapidShare: 1-CLICK Web hosting - Easy Filehosting
    09-24-09 11:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD