Hey, Im sorry for the lame question, but I tried searching and there are way too many matches.

My service on the phone has always been 1XEV. Its the same for my mom's tour and my girlfriend's storm. However, with my friends phone instead of the 1XEV it says 3G.

Does the 1xev mean Im on 3g, or do I need to activate something on my phone? Im just really confused about the whole thing, this is my first BB. Thanks-
    11-12-09 03:12 PM
    Once you get the leaked 5.0 OS or the official 5.0 comes out, you'll have the 3G icon too. 1XEV = 3G it's the same thing. if yours says 1xev then that means your in crappy service area and not getting 3G speeds.
    11-12-09 03:17 PM
    That, or they could be AT&T customers.
    11-12-09 03:19 PM
    Alright, thats what I figured. Thanks

While Im on a roll here I noticed that some people's menus on their phone look different than mine(the default setting). Is that something I can change on the phone, or would I download that?
    11-12-09 03:20 PM
    1XEV is the same as 3G 1xev is your not getting strong signal for 3G speeds
    11-12-09 03:20 PM
    Hey, Im sorry for the lame question, but I tried searching and there are way too many matches.

My service on the phone has always been 1XEV. Its the same for my mom's tour and my girlfriend's storm. However, with my friends phone instead of the 1XEV it says 3G.

Does the 1xev mean Im on 3g, or do I need to activate something on my phone? Im just really confused about the whole thing, this is my first BB. Thanks-
    1XEV (or EVDO) is CDMA 3G. If your devices shows 1xev (lowercase), that means that you're not in EVDO coverage.
    11-12-09 03:21 PM
    1XEV (or EVDO) is CDMA 3G. If your devices shows 1xev (lowercase), that means that you're not in EVDO coverage.

+1 I agree
    11-12-09 03:34 PM
    Alright, thats what I figured. Thanks

While Im on a roll here I noticed that some people's menus on their phone look different than mine(the default setting). Is that something I can change on the phone, or would I download that?
    Since you're first question was answered already, I'll do your second.

That's called a theme, and yes you can download them. GO checkout the theme section and look in the threads. Many people make them for fun and just give them out.
    11-12-09 03:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD