Hello fellow crackberry's,
    I just picked up a new Tour las night (My Bold usb port broke off). I would LOVE to be able to listen to Sirius Satellite Radio through the web portal. I can log in to my account and select the channel I want to listen to, but I can't seem to hear anything. Anyone know how to do this?

Thank you very much for your help.

Cheers,
    -J
    10-21-09 04:46 PM
    I don'( think you can stream Sirius off their website on Tour. What is needed is a Sirius app for BB (iPhone has one) but there is a reason SiriusXM is losing money: they haven't thought of it yet.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-21-09 05:00 PM
    U should be able to use USirius and Orb to stream Sirius from ur desktop to ur bb. If u do a search on the Storm forum there's a post with directions. I use this setup for my Storm and it works very well.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-21-09 07:16 PM
    For some reason its not letting me post the link for the instructions. rls1400 posted the original thread. So here they are:

There are a couple of threads floating around, but I figured it would be in everybody's best interest to start a new one with the instructions directly in the first post. This works perfectly on the Storm, and would probably work on other Blackberrys and smartphones.

1.) Download Orb. MyCast your digital media with Orb 2.0 remote pc access software Set up an account.

2.) Download uSirius. uSirius 1.0 Release Candidate 8 | Millard Software

3.) Install uSirius. Plug in your Sirius account info. Hit “Start” if needed.

4.) Select “URLs” on the right of uSirius.

5.) Select your channel that you want to stream from the dropdown list. Leave the Type as “MMS Stream”.

6.) Copy the URL. Go to Orb on your computer. Select the audio tab. Go to Internet Radio on the left list.

7.) Click "Add Custom" on top. Paste the MMS link from uSirius into your favorite streams. Add a name (i.e. - Howard 100, Lithium).

8.) Log your phone on to Orb.com. Go to audio. Select favorite internet radio streams. Listen to Sirius station.

Now here are the requirements.

1.) Sirius account (obviously). You need to have the username and pass for online access.

2.) Windows computer for Orb.

3.) Computer NEEDS TO BE LEFT ON anytime you want to access Sirius or your files.

HOPE THIS HELPS! I am busy so typed it up as fast as I can. Feel free to ask questions or add on to this thread.

I have had VERY good luck so far, excellent quality stream with no buffering.

XM USERS SEE FIRST POST ON PAGE 2 FOR DETAILS ON STREAMING XM!
    Last edited by stevcha; 10-21-09 at 09:21 PM.
    10-21-09 09:17 PM
    Thanks for the help. Although I haven't managed to get it going, I'm probably really close. Installed both softwares on the PC and installed them. When I log into ORB from my Tour, I see my 2 Sirius channels I added however when I click on them, nothing happens. Is there a trick to launch the media player when I click on the link? What should be my browser settings?

Thanks for everyones help.

Cheers,
    -J
    10-22-09 09:53 PM
    Development: I got the player to launch, just getting a codec error now. More to come and all help is still very much appreciated

Cheers.
    10-22-09 10:05 PM
    What are the audio formats that the Tour can play?
    10-22-09 10:52 PM
    I cannot play the codecs either.. when I hit play, nothing happens.

If i test the streaming on another pc, the streaming is working.. so it's definitely something with the phone.
    11-04-09 05:37 PM
    Figured it out.

Enable the skin for mobiles...
    At the bottom, hit Settings. Then there is a link for 'stream' midpage.
    Click on stream. Second option, save.
    Reload your internet radio, and now it'll play.

Tour 9630 working.. Listening to Howard 100 right now.. HEY NOW
    11-04-09 06:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD