I have a 9630 Tour that has the SMS Text Messaging Icon alert. It shows that there are (2) unread messages.

I have cleared the SMS Folder and the Icon is still there. I have gone into every email box and the main message box and marked prior items opened.

I have done 4 battery pulls.

Something strange has happened causing this and I am wondering if anyone has experienced this problem and can offer suggestions.

Thanks for your help.
    05-11-11 04:16 PM
    I have a 9630 Tour that has the SMS Text Messaging Icon alert. It shows that there are (2) unread messages.

I have cleared the SMS Folder and the Icon is still there. I have gone into every email box and the main message box and marked prior items opened.

I have done 4 battery pulls.

Something strange has happened causing this and I am wondering if anyone has experienced this problem and can offer suggestions.

Thanks for your help.
    Have you looked in your catch all message folder to make sure you dont have any other kinds of messages considering that voice mail also goes into your SMS folder. Just make sure you did not miss anything in that main message folder.
    05-11-11 06:17 PM
    Yes, I checked all the saved messages as well.
    05-11-11 08:37 PM
    Hmmm. Messages app and press 'U'? One last try before you go further.

The next step is to wipe your phone (backup your data prior to this of course). This should solve your problem.
    You can wipe your phone using BBSAK.
    05-11-11 10:09 PM
    Can you post a picture of the icon?
    05-11-11 11:26 PM
    its gotta me a message hiding in your main message box. is it a regular yellow mail icon?
    05-16-11 03:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD