I have searched for this comparison, since the release of the Tour!

I have been contemplating getting a Tour to replace my Storm. My questions is, does the Tour truly trump the Storm? Im looking for people who have made the transition from the Storm to the Tour, not just any specific opinion.

I bought the Storm when it first came out, a mistake i will not make again.

Thanks for all your input everyone! Hope it sways me in one direction or the other, as i am on the fence about this!

Falconz
    07-22-09 03:24 PM
    Well its definitely a LOT less laggy than the Storm, you see the clock spinning much less frequently, it has more RAM, and the OS works much smoother. And there is no SurePress to fight with.
    07-22-09 03:26 PM
    if you need something thats a work horse, get the tour...
    07-22-09 03:29 PM
    The Tour is a solid phone. Honestly, the only thing I miss about the Storm is the bigger screen. You can still browse and watch things on the Tour ok though. Just smaller. However, everything else is so much more dependable on the Tour. The battery life is longer and the programs run without lag a lot more as well. I have yet had to take the battery out for any reason too.

Even though I have only had it for about 4 days and have been messing around with it constantly and have no complaints.
    07-22-09 03:30 PM
    I do need a work horse Don, this storm while all sharp with it's cool HD screen and what not, has become a toy of fancy! If i wanted a toy, i would have gotten the iPhone, you dont learn this things until after you get the device!

I have been loyal to the Storm, but the tour packs the 3.2MP cam, and all the other goodies i enjoy!

How do other programs work on it, like VZ Nav, and the browser?

Thanks for all you guys have said so fair, definitely leaning in the Tour direction. Reason for all the hoopla about the tour for me is that i plan on buyng it outright, and dropping $500 is a nice price tag for a poor student. My phone is a priceless tool for me, and honestly, the storm isnt cuttin it!

Falconz
    07-22-09 03:32 PM
    Well seems like you don't like the storm so you might as well try the Tour. The only thing i liked about the storm was the big screen other than that i wasn't fun to use. it was more of a chore.

Edit just read your post.. You can probably sell the storm for 200 or if you have any replacements maybe see if vzw would hook you up with just replacing for the tour.
    07-22-09 03:32 PM
    I recently got my girl the tour which is her first BB...I have a storm, and when I compare the two, the tour is definitely much snappier....there's less random spinning clocks, browser is quicker on the tour (at least going to crackberry.com), and overall the tour is quicker.

However, for me I couldn't give up the real estate of the screen...I've had the storm since launch, and I love it....the OS is the same on both, so it just matters what works for you..
    07-22-09 04:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD