Ok now that the new storms OS issues are ironed out i was wondering should I just get the storm or hold out for the tour. A side note, the storm I can always buy off craigslist for around $200 but the with the tour I will most likely have to lock into a 2 year agreement for a similar price. And seeing a lot of good phones are suppose to be coming out this fall/holiday I don't know what to do. But overall what phone will I be happier with?
    06-17-09 04:37 PM
    Yes the OS has gotten better on the Storm but the hardware issues are still all too common. I went through 4 of them because screen click problems or frequent random reboots. A coworker just today showed me how her Storm suddenly doesn't click or pressdown at all on one corner anymore and this is a phone that she's only had for two months. If someone offered me a Storm right now for free I would tell them to keep it. They are JUNK imo and honestly if I didnt need the blackberry for work I would've gotten an iPhone just because of the whole bad expierence with the Storm.
    Last edited by collide.six; 06-17-09 at 04:56 PM.
    06-17-09 04:54 PM
    hm thanks for the feedback. Im thinking about getting the storm an since theres like a 30 day return/exchange period itll be just in time for the tour an then i'll make the swap!
    06-17-09 07:52 PM
    hm thanks for the feedback. Im thinking about getting the storm an since theres like a 30 day return/exchange period itll be just in time for the tour an then i'll make the swap!

Don't wast your time. I did the same thing and went through two New Storms, both with click problems. The first storm was on .75, so very lagging, but the after only 1.5 weeks the right and left corners of the screen gave out. A few days before returning it, I down loaded .148 and the speed was much much improved, even the camera was very snappy. But the click was very very bad. Went to Verizon and they said,"Yep, your screen went bad and there are little pins and screws that may fail... and looks like this did. We can order you a new one." The second Storm clicked great in all four corners, but the portrait click "Space bar area was horrible" It was running .148 out of the box. Again very smooth, camera was good, but the hardware clicking was the decision maker for me. It sounds like many many people are in the same boat... The screen works for a bit but eventually it may fail. That is a headache I would not recommend for a BB user. If you don't demand a lot from a smart phone. Or if you are not annoyed by input failures or speed of input failures, then you may be fine. I have returned the Storm within the 30 days and will wait for the Tour. Food for thought.
    06-17-09 08:13 PM
    I would wait for tour. No use to get storm. I'm gonna sell mine soon.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-17-09 09:01 PM
    I have the storm now. When my contract is up. I will most definitely get the tour. I love my storm a lot.

06-17-09 09:06 PM
    The Tour will be WAY better than the Storm...
    06-17-09 09:14 PM
    Howbout Storm PLUS Tour...come January thats how i'll be rollin
    06-17-09 11:27 PM
    Howbout Storm PLUS Tour...come January thats how i'll be rollin
    Come July 13th, that's how I'll be rollin. =), too bad Verizon you can't switch devices as easily as switching a sim...Damn that'd make my day.
    06-17-09 11:28 PM
    Come July 13th, that's how I'll be rollin. =), too bad Verizon you can't switch devices as easily as switching a sim...Damn that'd make my day.
    Yea, that would be nice. From what I understand the process isnt too crazy tho. I plan on switchin up every month or so. Or at a time when I see a particular device more convenient, so I dont mind taking a lil time to get everything transferred over in a secured manner.
    06-17-09 11:38 PM
    yea I think I'm gonna go with the tour. I just hate how they make you wait so long for a phone that by the time they release it you want something new but then the whole friggen cycle starts over. I wish I was just blind like he general public and knew about new phones when the adds came out lol
    06-18-09 12:05 AM
    id have to say the tour would be the more "reliable" choice? i just got my storm yesterday, im seriously considering returning it, going back to my enV and awaiting the Tour. VZW will let me do that yeah?
    06-18-09 12:25 AM
    yea you can do that but you mine aswell use it a little while because I believe you have a 30 day period however I'm not definite on it but you can always talk those idiots into letting you do anything with a little yelling and threatening
    06-18-09 12:56 AM
    Yea, I would definitely recommend that option. The Tour will be the more reliable phone.

06-18-09 12:58 AM
    depends on if you like a touch screen or a physical keyboard that should be your deciding factor..
    06-18-09 01:01 AM
    yeah, i thought i would like the touch screen, but i cant txt as fast and my thumbs are kind of big (i blame my dads side of the fam). My storms screen would not click in some places as well. I just hope the tour gets a July release date and not August, the wait with my stubborn enV will kill me.
    06-18-09 01:05 AM
    no offence ur words just reminds me of the Movive Monsters vs Alien LOL ...
    06-18-09 02:59 AM
    who me? haha. i dont think ive seen that movie, so i wouldn't know :O
    06-18-09 03:25 AM
    Swapping devices back and forth cant be to hard... Well phone numbers anyway... My wife did it and she is so tech illiterate I have to help her with general web surfing until recently when she started online college

06-18-09 04:10 AM
    Swapping devices back and forth cant be to hard... Well phone numbers anyway... My wife did it and she is so tech illiterate I have to help her with general web surfing until recently when she started online college

ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS LOG INTO MY VERIZON AND GO TO SELF SERVE OPTIONS. YOU CAN THEN GO TO CHANGE DEVICE AND ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS TURN OFF YOUR OLD PHONE, ENTER THE NEW DEVICE ESN AND IT WILL SWITCH. ALL YOU HAVE TO DO AFTER THAT IS CALL I THINK *228 TO PROGRAM YOUR NEW PHONE. IF ITS A BLACKBERRY YOU CAN GO TO YOUR BIS SITE AND CHANGE YOUR PIN AND RESEND SERVICE BOOKS FOR YOU HAVE YOUR EMAIL AND BROWSER.

IT WORKS GREAT AND YOU DONT HAVE TO CALL THEM.
    06-18-09 06:38 AM
    I like my storm because of the large screen but i hate, hate, typing on it. Even the full keyboard is hard to type on. I miss the full keyboard but im not going back to my slow 8330. The OS sucks on it. I will be getting the tour for sure. Just dont know if i will keep my storm or sell it and try to make a little money of it. I should have just kept my curve and not spent the money on the storm but who knew we would get the tour???
    06-18-09 06:44 AM
    ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS LOG INTO MY VERIZON AND GO TO SELF SERVE OPTIONS. YOU CAN THEN GO TO CHANGE DEVICE AND ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS TURN OFF YOUR OLD PHONE, ENTER THE NEW DEVICE ESN AND IT WILL SWITCH. ALL YOU HAVE TO DO AFTER THAT IS CALL I THINK *228 TO PROGRAM YOUR NEW PHONE. IF ITS A BLACKBERRY YOU CAN GO TO YOUR BIS SITE AND CHANGE YOUR PIN AND RESEND SERVICE BOOKS FOR YOU HAVE YOUR EMAIL AND BROWSER.

IT WORKS GREAT AND YOU DONT HAVE TO CALL THEM.
    Lets say I did a backup on my Storm. When I decide to use the Tour would I be able to use that backup to restore everything to the Tour?

And if I deactivate my Storm, will all of its apps remain in place on the phone until I decide to activate it again?
    06-18-09 06:46 AM
    Lets say I did a backup on my Storm. When I decide to use the Tour would I be able to use that backup to restore everything to the Tour?

And if I deactivate my Storm, will all of its apps remain in place on the phone until I decide to activate it again?
    DM doesn't backup 3rd party apps but yes, if you backed up your Storm you could restore it onto your Tour. I did as much with my Bold and my Storm.
    06-18-09 06:53 AM

yes you can use the DM manager and the device switch wizard to restore options etc on your tour. I dont know if it will transfer the apps, I dont think so.

Yes the apps will remain on the storm unless you delete them, the phone just wont have service so you wont be able to use it.
    06-18-09 07:06 AM
    yes you can use the DM manager and the device switch wizard to restore options etc on your tour. I dont know if it will transfer the apps, I dont think so.

Yes the apps will remain on the storm unless you delete them, the phone just wont have service so you wont be able to use it.
    Thanks guys! I wasnt asking if it would restore the apps. Just all of the "stopping point" stuff that I would like to be up to date if switching to a new device. This is great news!

Oh yea...just to double check: I'd get my contacts with a backup and restore as well correct?
    06-18-09 08:14 AM
63 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD