I had to shelve Storm, I liked it, but returned to the a simple flip phone while they ironed out the issues...

I do like the tour, but I was wondering if it is doing ok in Crackberryland.

Can someone give a new guy a basic overview of the Tour issues. It is impossible to get an overall grasp from the posts.

If I get a new one today, what should I expect/do first?

Thanks, and I hope that is not to vague.

Also, anyone getting any luck from Verizon on a discount going from the Storm to Tour due to Storm troubles?

Thanks
    09-20-09 01:40 AM
    I also used storm before I turned to tour. I liked storm but mine got too slow and it
    froze on me when I got calls. I talked to someone at a verizon store to see if they could exchange it for a tour but they told me no. They said something about it being a softwear issue so they couldn't exchange it for a tour. So I basically opened another line for a family member and got a tour since my family member didn't want a data plan and didn't care for a bb.

My tour was manufactured on aug 18 I believe and I have not had any issue that other users experience. My track ball works fine and people can hear me well on the phone. I am happy with my tour. I do prefer it over the storm because I just think that it's easier to use and faster to type on, personally. I do miss my storm's big screen at times but I have my storm as my back up bb so I can go back to it whenever I want to.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-20-09 01:55 AM
    Simple answer..... DO IT.

The little quirks of the Tour (Media Player not remembering position of track playing after phone call, for one....) are minute compared to the problems I had with the Storm.

I paid retail for the Tour. That's how bad I wanted to get away from the Storm.
    09-20-09 08:48 AM
    The Tour's first launch had many issues, so RIM created a new batch of Tours (get boxes with a recent build date or built in Canada). The first batch has major trackball issues, battery door was very loose, and the screen has some ripping effects.

The second batch (recent builds) don't have any of these. Some of the second batch have a "green dot" on the box to indicate it is a second batch build. BUT, this isn't always true as many stores intentionally place a green marking on the box to satisfy the buyer.

Overall, if you get a working Tour (like I do) you'll be happy. The only downside is there is no Wi-Fi. But, if you're Verizon coverage is good you don't really need it, the connection is pretty fast.

Another option is to wait for the Storm 2 on VZ or the Onyx on ATT.
    09-20-09 08:59 AM
    Go for it. Its a great device.

I would do a trackball test before you leave the store, due to early release problems. If you clear that concern you should be fine.
    09-20-09 09:12 AM
    we should make a sticky abotu this lol

everyday there are 1 or 2 or more people coming here asking if they should get the Tour from a Storm... simple answer... YES... theres no comparision. The Tour walks all over the storm
    09-20-09 09:22 AM
    I am also a former storm to tour convert. I hated my storm so much i went with a touch pro 2 but ended up r eturning it for a tour. So far so good, the only thing that has taken a while to get use to is the keyboard.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-20-09 11:36 AM
    Go play with the phone you want for a while. Taking others advise is a recipe for bad times. That being said, the Tour is a great device. All I am saying is 2 years is a long time to have a device that you don't like. I switch phones every year or so, but that's still a long time. Good luck man.
    09-20-09 12:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD