I was wondering if any of you Tour owners are previous Storm owners who had luck convincing Verizon to allow you to switch your Storm for a Tour???

My Storm has been acting up BIG TIME the past 2 weeks (after doin just fine the first 5 months) and if I happen to go to Verizon, its not gonna be because I want another (much MORE buggy) Storm.

Were any of you or anyone you know able to do this??? I've heard of several ppl finding success in getting a Curve 8330 this way a lil while ago. I'd want the Tour tho.
    07-22-09 05:11 PM
    People had more luck since they had 2 or 3 replacement storms
    07-22-09 05:12 PM
    I was able to do this, but only after I went through 3 replacement phones
    07-22-09 05:28 PM
    I went through 4 storms.. I don't think you'll have success with only 1.
    07-22-09 05:31 PM
    i swapped out my Storm five times since December of last year, then I called and told tech support how unhappy I was with the Storm, so they sent me the Tour.
    07-22-09 05:32 PM
    Wow, by the sounds of it I prolly wont have much luck jumping from my 1st Storm. hmmm.
    07-22-09 05:36 PM
    i had 4 storms in the past 7 months.. all had problems..
    I called verizon and spoke to a supervisor, and he was able to "goodwill" the phone to me for free.. only catch was.. I had to renew my contract for 2 years...
    07-22-09 05:36 PM
    i swapped out my Storm five times since December of last year, then I called and told tech support how unhappy I was with the Storm, so they sent me the Tour.
    So did you, or any of the rest of you all get ur Tour for free or did you have to pay 2 year pricing for it???
    07-22-09 05:37 PM
    I just got my tour today in the mail. It was free and no upgrade I just have to send my storm back

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-22-09 05:39 PM
    I just got my tour today in the mail. It was free and no upgrade I just have to send my storm back

How many Storms did you go thru???
    07-22-09 05:41 PM
    i had to send my Storm back, which I had no problem with.
    07-22-09 05:43 PM
    How many Storms did you go thru???
    5. I elaborated a little on the last one and just said it kept restarting. It restarted about once a day but I said it was doing it more

07-22-09 05:55 PM
    i had to send my Storm back, which I had no problem with.
    Had you had ur Storm more than 30 days tho?
    07-22-09 05:56 PM
    i have them both..got my storm when it first came...aboslutely happy w/this device...i know a lot of ppl out there hv been compalinin bout this virtual touch screen keyboard...but i hvnt had ANY problems w/it..

got my tour bout a week ago...was stunned by it...not only it has everything which storm has(3.2 auto-focus camera with IS,crisp sharp screen resolution,fast speed etc), but it also has bigger ram than the previous storm..
    talking about 100mb ram for all of your apps..that's just amazing...many of us berry users must hv been experienced this, your phone starts lagging so bad once it runs outta memory,in order to clean up your memory,we normally hv to do a hard pull(battery reset)...sometimes this just aint gonna work!!!

w/100mb ram...u would rarely hv to battery reset ur phone @ all..

Another thing i've noticed on the brand new tour is...INTERNET sPEED...
    the whole reason y i got mine is becoz our rim rep came our work place and demo-ing the new phone before it first launched...i was surprised the internet brwser was about 10X faster than my storm's ..we actually did a lil competition..And sadly my storm lost so bad...(same cellphone provider,all from bell mobility, same cdma network)..tour is alotta faster for internet browsing..

Overall...they r both great great phones..if ur looking to spend a lil less (since storm's price has dropped down to $149.99 on a 3 yr contract)..get the storm..u wont feel regret..

but if ur more into browsing internet+runnin alotta apps w/ur phone...then tour will b the right choice...
    07-22-09 05:57 PM
    i have them both..got my storm when it first came...aboslutely happy w/this device...i know a lot of ppl out there hv been compalinin bout this virtual touch screen keyboard...but i hvnt had ANY problems w/it..

got my tour bout a week ago...was stunned by it...not only it has everything which storm has(3.2 auto-focus camera with IS,crisp sharp screen resolution,fast speed etc), but it also has bigger ram than the previous storm..
    talking about 100mb ram for all of your apps..that's just amazing...many of us berry users must hv been experienced this, your phone starts lagging so bad once it runs outta memory,in order to clean up your memory,we normally hv to do a hard pull(battery reset)...sometimes this just aint gonna work!!!

w/100mb ram...u would rarely hv to battery reset ur phone @ all..

Another thing i've noticed on the brand new tour is...INTERNET sPEED...
    the whole reason y i got mine is becoz our rim rep came our work place and demo-ing the new phone before it first launched...i was surprised the internet brwser was about 10X faster than my storm's ..we actually did a lil competition..And sadly my storm lost so bad...(same cellphone provider,all from bell mobility, same cdma network)..tour is alotta faster for internet browsing..

Overall...they r both great great phones..if ur looking to spend a lil less (since storm's price has dropped down to $149.99 on a 3 yr contract)..get the storm..u wont feel regret..

but if ur more into browsing internet+runnin alotta apps w/ur phone...then tour will b the right choice...
    LOL. Thanks for the advice, but obviously you didnt read ANY of this thread. lol. Not confused over whether to buy a Storm or a Tour...I've had the Storm since January. Might benefit you to give the thread a gander next time.
    07-22-09 06:00 PM
    I got my storm the first day it came out. I had to replace my original due to dust under the screen. I replace my second one due to dust under the screen and while in portrait mode the bottom left portion of the screen was very hard to use since the click was all b0rked up. I got my third one due to all four corners not responding like they should to clicking in the screen. I took this one to a corp store to have it documented, then had vzw ship me one since the corp store only had a couple in stock and the manager asked me not to get an exchange there since the ones he had were being sold to a family later that day. I was not in a huge hurry so he also put in the notes that I opted to get one via next day. He also gave me some screen protectors and a bluetooth headset for being cool about it. The last one I got was to replace the previous one not even a week later due to the screen not clicking at all. I also had this documented cause I did not want to be labeled as a problem customer. I called today due to this one having a non responsive screen in the bottom corners when in portrait mode.

The guy I talked to switched me out to a tour with overnight shipping once he read my notes on the issue and was very cool about it.

If you don't have a problem with your storm and just want some new don't screw it up for legitimate customer with problems cause you have to have the latest and greatest. If you have a real issue with your storm then call VZW and go through the same process and procedures as everyone else.

Also VZW does pretty good documentation so make sure you give good details it will ease issues later down the road.
    07-22-09 06:18 PM
    I got mine replaced after my 4th Storm. I was able to get another users Storm swapped for a Tour on the second replacement on our business account.

It all depends on the rep you get.

I have my wife's third Storm sitting on my coffee table waiting to get activated, maybe she'll get a Tour if she encounters more issues.

My money is on more issues.
    07-22-09 06:24 PM
    I got mine replaced after my 4th Storm. I was able to get another users Storm swapped for a Tour on the second replacement on our business account.

It all depends on the rep you get.

I have my wife's third Storm sitting on my coffee table waiting to get activated, maybe she'll get a Tour if she encounters more issues.

My money is on more issues.
    I just feel that 1st Storms have had far more success than 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th Storms. lol. Very seldom do I hear someone say "yea, im on my 3rd Storm...finally got a good one." ya know?

So if it gets to the point where I cant take it anymore and I have to go to Verizon, I'd rather just change devices than have to change phones every few weeks. That doesnt sound fun...plus i'd get tired of having to tell ppl my new pin number! lol
    07-22-09 06:37 PM
    nope staying my storm over all love it.
    07-22-09 06:45 PM
    I'm not hard on phones at all. I keep my phones for a while. However I went thru three Storms when I called to replace the third phone, I explained that I didn't want the Storm again and wanted a different phone. So the Tour is what I received. I really enjoyed the Storm when it worked!
    07-22-09 09:58 PM
    I'm not hard on phones at all. I keep my phones for a while. However I went thru three Storms when I called to replace the third phone, I explained that I didn't want the Storm again and wanted a different phone. So the Tour is what I received. I really enjoyed the Storm when it worked!
    I love the Storm and the entire concept behind it. Been a great phone up until a few weeks ago. I'm gonna give it some time to see if it keeps actin up or not.
    07-23-09 12:12 PM
    I got mines swapped for the Tour, it should be here tomorrow. go to planetfeedback.com, write up a complaint, tell them that you're gonna switch over to Sprint. If you have luck, you might get the tour. But don't be rude to them.
    07-23-09 12:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD